Help needed for vertical parking

Joanne76

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, i am some problems with my vertical parking, my car always tend to more on the left side of the car lot and sometimes in between of two lots. I always need to do adjustments to get it right. I really don't know why it always like that. I am so afraid of doing any parking now. Can anyone here give me the steps of doing vertical parking?I am driving a Mit Lancer. Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

Sis,

Do it the way you took your driving test!

There are the left and right vertical parking. Quite difficult to describe here.

Edited by Fitvip

My suggestion would be to get those small convex mirrors, stick them onto your side mirrors. Angle them downwards, you can see the road beside your car. These will help you see the white lines of the parking lot when you are reversing in, u can position yourself in the middle of the lot nicely.

Neutral Newbie

i just want to know where shld i position my car once i found a car lot. I think the prob lies in my positioning of my car.

-position your car slanted to the lot so it's easier to reverse in.

-once in the lot, drive out straight to take a look at your positioning, then reverse back in appropriately so that both sides are equal. you might want to adjust your mirrors such that you can see the line markings on the ground.

Hi guys, i am some problems with my vertical parking, my car always tend to more on the left side of the car lot and sometimes in between of two lots. I always need to do adjustments to get it right. I really don't know why it always like that. I am so afraid of doing any parking now. Can anyone here give me the steps of doing vertical parking?I am driving a Mit Lancer. Thanks

there is no right and no wrong, just more practice

stop ur car at a 30-45 deg angle such that the rear of ur car is right in the middle of the bonnet of the car on the right of the empty lot, dun be afraid to go close to the right car when turning in, u are afraid thats why u keep too much to the left, buy small mirror to stick or wind down window poke ur head out and go slowly

practice make perfect

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

If u spot a parking lot on ur right, go near your right lot & keep ur car straight and once u reached it, turn ur steering to the left while still proceeding forward. After that you can use your mirrors or look back and reverse in. Opposite directions if u spot a lot on ur left. Does this help?

Edited by Bimmer12

imo don't do it the way driving schs teach you. you would probably end up reversing into the corners of the cars beside your lot.

personally i prefer to park in lots on my right (can estimate better somehow..)

my diagram is pretty self-explanatory; hope it helps.

post-1-1179064995_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

I think my right side vertical parking is really very bad. At least when doing the left side vertical, i can use the 45 degree method and roughly use the traingle window as my guide to reverse, but right side lots, there is nothing at all. I will normally try the two car lots method for right side lots to reverse in and this method is really that not accurate. To me finding a parking lots and doing parking really a nightmare to me !!!! [sweatdrop]

Supersonic
(edited)
i just want to know where shld i position my car once i found a car lot. I think the prob lies in my positioning of my car.

In that case, you have to drive your car slightly past the lot and then reverse in. If space allows, you can position your car at an angle with the back facing the lot before reversing.

Don't be shy to adjust. Even very seasoned drivers do it too!

Edited by Fitvip

to comfort urself look around all the carparks

there are many kuku drivers out there who park middle of 2 lots, park over to other lot and so on, all end up in stomp/parking idiots

u not the only one