Help needed for vertical parking

Joanne76

Neutral Newbie
Hi guys, i am some problems with my vertical parking, my car always tend to more on the left side of the car lot and sometimes in between of two lots. I always need to do adjustments to get it right. I really don't know why it always like that. I am so afraid of doing any parking now. Can anyone here give me the steps of doing vertical parking?I am driving a Mit Lancer. Thanks

Look at your rear window, there is usually a small triangular window,use this small window as a guide,whenever the parking line falls within this zone, reverse your vehicle.

When start practice, drive your vehicle perpendicular to the parking lot, make sure at least 4fts to the line, if no lines, use car as a guide.

When parking head in, use your front side mirror as a guide,once the parking line cross the side mirror,quickly turn your vehicle in.

Practice make perfect!Dun worry.

↡ Advertisement

these diagrams does help to visualise how should the car park. :)

the bad news for u, when u sitting inside the car, u don't see thing in the diagram manner. :)

u have to find your own reference points. in order to do so, there are 2 things u need to be familiar with :

- turning the steering wheel and able the roughly gauge how the car would turn. quarter turn , half turn, full lock.. etc. try with minor adjustments and move slowly to have a feel how the car moves.

- aligning your car , how do u know your car is straight? learn to read the distance. try to take mental note of where you are relative to your reference points.

last tip : do it slowly. and do not hasitate to stop and step out to look at your car from outside. (when u are practising).

Try to space yourself properly. Dont position your vehicle too close the the lot you are parking, so that you can have more space to go in.

Practise makes perfect. All i got to say. Dont worry, just keep trying.

aiya... stick to 1 style that you are the most confident...

then go up to HDB MSCP carpark, practice parking 10 times every night.

can guarantee that after 2 weeks, your parking skill can level up to "semi-pro".

that is no substitute for practice....

I thought this kind of vertical parking [laugh] [laugh]

151211_wnn_car_pole1_16x9_992.jpg

Perpendicular parking for those not misinformed :D

Run it up the flagpole and see who salutes. :D

In this case, TP. [laugh]

Ask passenger to act as pole for you.

Be careful the pole doesn't end up in a hole. Edited by Turboflat4

I thought this kind of vertical parking [laugh] [laugh]

151211_wnn_car_pole1_16x9_992.jpg

Perpendicular parking for those not misinformed :D

haha yah, not vertical. It is perpendicular vs parallel parking. 

Why not just stick 1 light stick at each corner of the bonnet and boot. Will look like embassy car too

good thing is human pole will scream when you hit it, unlike the regular one [laugh]

Get jamesc mil to help as pole... When hit her, she will scream.... JAMESSSSSSSSSSSSC
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1