Carlube engine oil

Limlien

I'm bought a bottle during the 19.90 promo, but still short of one bottle. Anyone knows if NTUC is still offering the Carlube fully syn? Or anyone has extra to let go? PM me. Thanks!

I'm bought a bottle during the 19.90 promo, but still short of one bottle. Anyone knows if NTUC is still offering the Carlube fully syn? Or anyone has extra to let go? PM me. Thanks!

I have extra that my car can’t use.

Sell you same price.

• Praise 2

i did a overhaul on the cooling system like 2 years before i start using this oil? Overhaul as in changed out water pumps, thermostats, radiator and hoses. and also top head cover gasket. 

So high chance i suspect maybe the oil is the issue. The oil itself may not be able to with stand the high heat thats why causing premature wear faster. FYI , the water pump gave way causing the major overheat.

But that being said, is just my experience on this oil.  Maybe others did not have such issue. For me, i will never use this brand again.

Can find out what coolant was used?

If not premix,  what water was used? 

Engine oil and cooling system are not related. There is no way that a poor oil will ever cause the engine to overheat. Likely your radiator fan is weak and did not remove the heat fast enough.

I have used this oil in 10cars over the last 15years and even sent the oil for oil analysis in USA. Both a toyota wish and Yaris had this oil for 160k km each.

IMHO,  the relationship is that they have to work together.

One basic function of an engine oil is for cooling - removal of heat.

If the EO does not do that efficiency,  the cooling system will thus need to fill in. 

IIRC, I've used CL in my previous car on a two occasion.  After that,  the engine top cover gasket leaked. 

The engine top cover gasked lasted very much longer when I moved to Redline. 

toyota long life pre mixed coolant.

Premixed should be fine.

I have experienced that the WS mix the coolant with tap water - soon after, the radiator top leaked.

Thereafter, I bring own distilled water. 

That was also when I discovered not all the coolant were replaced. 

Premixed should be fine.

I have experienced that the WS mix the coolant with tap water - soon after, the radiator top leaked.

Thereafter, I bring own distilled water. 

That was also when I discovered not all the coolant were replaced. 

actually coolant replacement can DIY do. it is very easy.

Always do that. Using mistusbishi long life coolant. With 15% anti freeze which is suitable for our climate.

(edited)

i did a overhaul on the cooling system like 2 years before i start using this oil? Overhaul as in changed out water pumps, thermostats, radiator and hoses. and also top head cover gasket.

So high chance i suspect maybe the oil is the issue. The oil itself may not be able to with stand the high heat thats why causing premature wear faster. FYI , the water pump gave way causing the major overheat.

But that being said, is just my experience on this oil. Maybe others did not have such issue. For me, i will never use this brand again.

Based on your description, is a bad case of water pump that caused all the problems. Any oil inside would not related in this case. Unless you change coolant regularly, if not I have also seen pump kuput because of the cooling system lacked maintenance.

I always change my coolant yearly. To prevent the lubrication of the coolant being used up and kept the system clean. Any sludge inside would decrease the life of water pump.

Those diy, should know the how much stuff inside the expansion tank. Inside the system should be worse. So changing coolant regularly would flush out the sludge.

Edited by Hachi

Next time, when I decide to do it,  I will ask.   [laugh]

Special Offer BUY 1 GET 1  [bounce2]

Saw this Offer @ FairPrice Xtra Hougang 1

My friend told me FairPrice Xtra Jurong Point also got this Offer~ [sunny]

post-203181-0-19349900-1529809629_thumb.jpg

post-203181-0-32607600-1529809637_thumb.jpg

Twincharged
(edited)

Good deal. $22 for 5L. Comparable to previous offers.however this might not be triple R. Don’t see anything on the bottle labels

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement