HID

Newkid

anyone knows the latest LTA decision on this issue? been hearing it on the radio for the past week.

↡ Advertisement

Yes. It has been banned forever until ppl know how to tilt it downwards. [laugh]

Just kidding.

But seriously, I don't know why sg's car fitted with HID are so the bright and many are shining upwards one sia.

Recently I had quite some time lobo-ing in tokyo. Noticed that ALL their cars headlights are not glaring at all. Coz all pointed downwards! It's not like SG at all. Actrually I was tempted to write in to ST Forum about this. Coz many ppl are talking about the pros of HID.

Come to think of it....shining the headlamps downwards means if you are travelling at dark streets at high speed, then you can't see far. But hello. In SG....where got dark streets? Tokyo = City right? SG also city right?

To see far, you use the high beam. Low beam is for normal driving.

Parking lights: Not to be used for driving at all but as usual, silly local drivers like to use them in between dusk or dawn. [hur]

Low Beam: For normal driving, and supposed to be angled downwards. Frankly it is IRRLEVANT if it's HID or Halogen - most impt is the angle. Again, local silly drivers always think after upgrading their lights, they must angle UP to show off their new lights. So LTA's taking the easy way out. Way to go! [rolleyes]

High Beam: Angled higher and for long distance illumination. ONLY to be used in dark roads with NO oncoming traffic. Have to use when I was driving cross country in South Africa and US. Normal practice is to go to low beam the moment we see aproaching traffic. Again, silly local drivers prefer to accidentally use high beam instead of low beam [sweatdrop]

No lights: Another preferred way of driving at night in Sillipore - usually belonging to expensive cars with auto on, but drivers do not know when someone switched off their auto light function [shakehead]

4 x lights (low beam + Fog Lights) : usually for bad weather during. But to some local drivers, almost every night must be bad weather [laugh] . Varaints of this breed include high beam + Fog (worse!) or parking lights + Fog (totally no beam cover, only care about lighting up the immediate front so that they don't run over the ants crossing the roads...

If wan to tilt so low until the throw is abt 1-2m, den wads the point having HID rite?

I dun support those ppl who didnt adjust after installing HID, dun get me wrong.

Is just that i saw some be it halogen or HID, tilt their headlamps so low that the throw is so short.

No lights: Those with optiron meters. Most of the time. Else must be colorblind or eyes got built in night vision. [nod]

I was on my way back from city to AMK along CTE ard 8 pm. Saw in my rear view mirror a toyota vios with both HID headlights on and HID fog lights on. both bluish white one.

Car plate is SGE 8###, cant see clearly.

Heh in case u are reading here, I like to congratulate you. You just won the 'HID-Retard' of the day award [hur]

(edited)

Normal angling will do. Will not be 1-2m. Typically will cover about 50m without being glaring at all.

Just saw an SL500 with no lights on at 10pm along CTE - the failing of mixing tech with non competent drivers. Tried to signal to them when I drove alongside but the driver and passenger was too busy trying to look good and didn't bother acknowedge my hand signal for lights.

Edited by Vblaster_w211

Yes. It has been banned forever until ppl know how to tilt it downwards. [laugh]

Just kidding.

But seriously, I don't know why sg's car fitted with HID are so the bright and many are shining upwards one sia.

Recently I had quite some time lobo-ing in tokyo. Noticed that ALL their cars headlights are not glaring at all. Coz all pointed downwards! It's not like SG at all. Actrually I was tempted to write in to ST Forum about this. Coz many ppl are talking about the pros of HID.

Come to think of it....shining the headlamps downwards means if you are travelling at dark streets at high speed, then you can't see far. But hello. In SG....where got dark streets? Tokyo = City right? SG also city right?

agree with u fully [laugh]

Some joker actually suggested adjusting until the throw is abt a few meters.

I rather stick to halogen if my throw is limited to only a few meters.

HID bulbs shld be equipped with glare shields to shield off excess glare.

Was traveling on SLE last nite, i found the road abit dark, as if my halogens werent on. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
I was on my way back from city to AMK along CTE ard 8 pm. Saw in my rear view mirror a toyota vios with both HID headlights on and HID fog lights on. both bluish white one.

Car plate is SGE 8###, cant see clearly.

Heh in case u are reading here, I like to congratulate you. You just won the 'HID-Retard' of the day award [hur]

If we had such an award we better put the trophies into mass production.

Supercharged
agree..come on write in the forum,i support u. bounce2.gif

take direct action better:

note down the inconsiderate glaring HIDer's brand+model+color+vehicle number then report to LTA.

Saw a BMW 7 series last Friday going down ECP at 9++, no lights at all. Some more black car ... we all complain if no lights, too little or too much. I make it a point to check if my standard HIDs are pointing low enough ... normally, never above the no plate of the car in front of me. But then again, very hard for SUVs to comply because their car so high.

Then again, another class would be the ones who add aftermarket HID for their lights incl. their for lamps. And then, some choose to permanently high beam the entire world. I think that if drivers want to do aftermarket HIDs, LTA shd insist on aftermarket housing as well so that lenses designed for halogens are not used with HIDs.

Don't want lah. I wrote quite a few times liao. Already blacklisted. Better keep low profile coz not long ago I wrote in also.

But how come no one notice meh?? Walking along the streets / crossing traffic lights, sure can see that those fitted with HID are super bright and so glaring. Even normal headlights should be adjusted facing downwards a bit.

Black car without lights i oso kena before. dam dangerous.

HID on normal casing meant for halogen can be nt glaring too. It all depends on the owner..

Even with an aftermarket housings, it may still be glaring if the owner doesnt give a dam abt adjusting the angle.

Currently, original HID + casing = $1000+ [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement