HID

Newkid

To see far, you use the high beam. Low beam is for normal driving.

Low Beam: For normal driving, and supposed to be angled downwards. Frankly it is IRRLEVANT if it's HID or Halogen - most impt is the angle.

Yes. Thats right. HID or Halogen, most cars headlamps are angled higher than needed.

High Beam: Angled higher and for long distance illumination. ONLY to be used in dark roads with NO oncoming traffic. Have to use when I was driving cross country in South Africa and US. Normal practice is to go to low beam the moment we see aproaching traffic. Again, silly local drivers prefer to accidentally use high beam instead of low beam [sweatdrop]

Err....I think I meant...even the low beam in singapore, sometimes are too high. I really spent quite alot of time looking at those cars in Tokyo. Their beams are really shining on the floor one. But I think it's ok. Coz City driving right? No need to shine so far coz all the street lamps are doing their job. The headlamps of the car is more to indicate that this car is present.

↡ Advertisement

Of course not 1-2metre leh. For 1-2metre, you need to probably install the light bulb outside the lamp and point downwards. [;)]

I think the throw was positioned for 10-20metres.

In sg, I think most cars are positioned for infinity. The worse cars have beams tilted upwards.

Actually I noticed quite alot of taxis have their left headlamp adjusted upwards and outwards. I think it's because they can see their potential passengers easier??

Of topic, actually, fog lights are very useful, and poses no problems to others... why they banned it? helps alot during heavy rains...