China Car Design is the best?

Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

The worst copy i think should be the MIC BMW-lookalike..

And the logo is trash.. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

LOL is like copy... sad for BMW and toyota

People say daylight robbery, this is daylight copying. Anyway, these car makers should have more pride in their products mah.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Pride? Of course there is pride. Their pride is in the copying part, they're so proud that they can copy so well. [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

no wonder.. everytime people tell me to buy 'fake' things from china because they can 'copy' till the things look genuine.. [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The subject title of this post should be changed to:

Pirates of the Pacific Rim: Carmaker's End [rolleyes]

Edited by Meggyc

Neutral Newbie

They bought the BT ROVER/MG plant, then relocated to Nanjing and Shanghai.

Damn!

These cheena people are really good at copying man.

Gotta give it to them for being able to copy so well.

However the similarities end at the aesthetics department.

Other things like handling, comfort, build quality, engine capacity all usually do not match up. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Nice pics!

I'm not too bothered cos I will never buy one of those. From an economics point of view, I accept the copying because before they can fly, they must learn to crawl first.

They make these copies because they sell well in China as the people cannot afford the real thing, so in the end it is all profit-driven for the companies. The Chinese bosses of the car companies all want to get rich quick so original design, R&D all goes out of the window. This is IMO seriously damaging in the long term to their economy. The PRC govt should take note of that.

There is no Audi and VW replica or copies because Audi and VW are made in China and they are cheaply accessible to the average PRC people. I think BMW is also made in China but they price it much higher than Audi/VW hence replica versions inevitably come up to fill the market demand.

↡ Advertisement