SPRINT SUPER SPRINT PHOTOS!

Matthewscl

Neutral Newbie

Wah..got the approval from CO to go see the event...1st time see...very shiok man!..some photos to share..

507883692_fea199ab43.jpg

507882132_25d65cc13e.jpg

507881738_e3131db9e8.jpg

507908249_c27a3f6f9b.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

national stadium carpark F...u can search google..i think its under MPT motors or something like that..

next one should be on sept

Neutral Newbie

Awesum rides. Wunder if they got install crash-bars or roll-cage inside anot. its illegal in Sg but for saftey reasons do they have it? Another grey-line to thread on yah? [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Hey nice pictures taken!

I like the shot where the background is blurred. It creates a sense of speed.

Got a question hopefully bros here can help me answer.

Whenever those evos rammed their engines just before they sprint off, there is a series of popping sound from the engine. WRXs or the civics don't do that. What makes those sound and what they are for.

Thanks!

(edited)

Are you talking about the backfire or antilag control / Launch control?

I believe that you should be talking about the Anti-Lag System (ALS) is a system used on mainly turbocharged racing to eliminate turbo lag.

In laymans term, this will spool the turbo during idle so that you can be boosting from Idle

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-50...nti+lag+evo+vii

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=723...nti+lag+evo+vii

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=418...nti+lag+evo+vii

Edited by Icetrap

Neutral Newbie

ICETRAP, thanks for the link.

Yes after watching those videos, I think it is the anti lag sound.

Is those popping sound only exclusive to evos? Why there is the need for these kind of system? Haha..I dont mind some one explain to me in more technical terms [thumbsup]

Is it more superior? (Hope i dont start a flame war)

Any turbo cars can have antilag system. In fact one of the first car to used it was the Celica GT-4 during WRC rally.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/u]

Anti-Lag System, ALS, is a system used on mainly turbocharged racing and rally engines to eliminate turbo lag. It was used in the early days of turbo charging in F1 until fuel restrictions made its use unsuitable. Later it became a common feature in rally cars due to the mandated restrictors on the turbocharger inlet. Because of the pressure drop across the restriction, the pressure ratio for a given boost level is much higher and the turbocharger must spin a lot faster to produce the same boost as before. This increases turbo lag significantly compared to unrestricted turbochargers.

An ALS system requires an air bypass, and generally this is done in one of two ways. The first method is to use a throttle air bypass; this may be an external bypass valve or a solenoid valve which open up the throttle 12-20 degrees. This allows air to bypass the closed throttle and to reach the engine. The second method is to use a bypass valve which feed charge air directly to the exhaust manifold.

The throttle bypass/throttle solenoid system is combined with ignition retardation and slight fuel enrichment (mainly to provide cooling), typically ignition occur at 35-45

(edited)

Nice pics.... Too bad I missed it on Sunday..... So which team won..?? Wondering if my friend, Man from man exhaust participated....

Edited by Sickscientist

Neutral Newbie

dont know leh..i didnt stay all the way, the sun was scrotching hot and i already gana sunburned by standing there for about 3hours..hahahah

Neutral Newbie
Awesum rides. Wunder if they got install crash-bars or roll-cage inside anot. its illegal in Sg but for saftey reasons do they have it? Another grey-line to thread on yah? [rolleyes]

yeh..they do have...they took out all the passenger seats also...

Neutral Newbie

hi thanks for the info.

If forummers here don't mind me dwelling on this topic [sweatdrop]

I now more or less understand and appreciates the anti -lag system in some cars. To my limited understanding, a car with ALS enjoys advantage in that he has turbo boost even in low engine speed or rather more even power across the engine revolution bandwidth. However, in the situation of motorsport such as sprint, at the instant just before the car is launched, cars are normally operating at or near max boost. Is there still a need for a anti-lag effect?

Is a evo with ALS still enjoys this advantage in a sprint event?

Neutral Newbie

Nobody can give me an answer??

Or perhaps I have already answer my own question [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement