How to change number plate and cost

Blackyv

Turbocharged

ok... im blur already after reading here and there on the process and cost......need help to guide me on the processa and total cost

ok, let's say i have a car now with current number plate sss1234s and intend to bid for new number sss6789s.

i know i can just go and bid for the sss6789s which cost me $1K.

now, how should i swap my current number plate with the new one? how to handle the old number plate? how much it cost to do the paperwork?...any kind soul can provide a "guide for dummies"... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

New plate on old car is $300 plus GST.

Old plate on old car is $1300 plus GST

New plate on new car is Free

Old plate on new car is $100 plus GST

Paperwork very simple. Go LTA/download the form, filled it up, take a q number at the receptionist and proceed to the counter.

Turbocharged

thxs... so, if im to bid for a new number for my current car,

the total cost :--> "bidding cost + $300 + GST" right??... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Replacement Of Vehicle Registration Number With A Bid Number

An owner of an existing vehicle may use a vehicle registration number, which he has successfully bid for, to replace the registration number of his existing vehicle. The procedures are as follows:

STEP 1

Complete the application form for replacement of vehicle registration number.

STEP 2

Submit the following to LTA, counter 20 or 21 at 10 Sin Ming Drive, 1st Storey, to effect the replacement:-

Application form, duly completed;

Road Tax Disc (Please ensure that the road tax has not expired. Otherwise, please proceed to renew your road tax at counters 18 or 19, 1st Storey, 10 Sin Ming Drive.);

Valid approval letter to successful bidder for a vehicle registration number; and

Payment of $315, inclusive of GST of 5% (cash, cheque or NETS).

STEP 3

Please change the physical number plates on your vehicle within 3 calendar days after the approval of your application to replace a vehicle registration number.

Do remember to inform your insurance company of the change in your vehicle registration number too.

If you have further queries, please call our helpdesk at 1800-CALL LTA (1800-225-5582).

i think it is $300 to replace your old number plate not including of the amount you bidded for.

as for your old number plate,i guess they LTA will help you to "get rid" of it.

you sounded like a staff there.

i have read that it is valid for 1 year and after that it cost $1000 every 6 months for a maximum of 2 times to renew it.may i ask what does it mean?

is it for those bidded numbers that had yet to register on a car?

if those bidded numbers already register within 1 year,it can be ignore is it?

Turbocharged

I believe he copied from the website! [:p]

a new bidded plate valid for a year. ie without registering on a car. It can extend the validity for another 6 months by paying $1000. If not register by then u can choose to extend another 6 months by paying another $1000. If not register by then then bye bye!

But for me if 2 yrs up not register, jus buy a scrap car n transfer the plate to this junk and scrapped. This way u can keep for another year! [sly][sly]

Neutral Newbie

Need to check with you guys.....

I am converting my OPC to a normal car due to change in usage pattern.

It was stated that i need to convert change my plate car within 3 days after payment and approval from LTA.

Can anyone with similar experience help me with the following questions?

Do you know who/where can i change and mount the new car plate? Who will help remove the seal on my current red plate now?

Does Autobacs provide this service?

Can i like pre-order the number plate, and go down and change on the same day i settle the conversion with LTA?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to bring up this old thread, however, after doing some search, I wanna ask has anyone ever swapped car plates between two cars?

I am selling off my second ride but somewhat reluctant to let go its plate, is it possible to swap between my cars and how much would LTA charge me? It's not gonna cost me $1300 X 2 = $2600 is it?

Neutral Newbie

Did you manage to get any answers yet? I in somewhat similar situation, I have a current number plate that I wanna retain in a pre-owned car that I just bought. 2600 is really expensive.. ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I just got my 2nd car, sold my current ride to a car dealer. Paid $100 extra to retain car plate (on top of the standard carplate registration fee). SE do everything for me.

How come you need to pay $2600?

Hi,

I just got my 2nd car, sold my current ride to a car dealer. Paid $100 extra to retain car plate (on top of the standard carplate registration fee). SE do everything for me.

How come you need to pay $2600?

your 2nd car brand new rite.

↡ Advertisement