Toyota Yaris

Jho0001

Neutral Newbie

Hey thanks for the prompt response.

I've seen the lighter shade in the showroom very nice but long wait, if I opt for cool siver (has a hint of green imo) or the sky blue then can take delivery in the next 3wks. Prob is, I've never seen the sky blue.....is it nicer than the cool silver? I noticed alot of toyota owners out there have the cool silver.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi

i am driving a N16 sunny and i love ur optitron meter [:p]

however alot of frens say my air-con powerful [rolleyes]

Edited by Impala

Sky blue is basically a metallic cyan shade. Cool silver's commonly seen because it is quite a nice colour and also stands up to being dirty quite well (you don't notice it getting dirty as much as a black car).

Have you considered red as well?

Each car has its pros and cons, everyone places a different emphasis on each car's attribute.

"Sea of Sunnys" quite aptly describes the number of these cars I see in my office carpark, and is a testament to its inherent attributes and universal appeal.

nicely modded....hehe.

Anyone have a pic of a Sky Blue Yaris....cant decide between Sky blue or Cool Silver....

Thanks

Thats not modded! Thats a pizza delivery car in Australia! [laugh]

You want the pic of the Pest control car? They also use Yaris.

Neutral Newbie

was only joking about it being modded [laugh, tho it does look good for a pizza delivery car

Neutral Newbie
has a high ncap rating, hence one of my decisions to buy this car.

Yaris has 5 stars rating on NCAP, but the Yaris in the crash test comes with:

- Driver frontal airbag

- Front passenger frontal airbag

- Side body airbags

- Side head airbags

- Driver knee airbag

It may or may not score as good if it was only equiped with 2 front air bags.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/toyota_yaris_2005/246.aspx

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/honda_jazz_2004/188.aspx

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

to be most accurate, yaris chassis used in the test must be japan-supplied and not thailand forge the metal themselves raw from japan supplied recipes [laugh]

it wouldnt be so accurate [laugh][lipsrsealed] however to eliminate this problem... there is Toyota Vitz

Edited by Impala

Neutral Newbie

Got my wife the Yaris from BM last August. I'm a tall person so i find the Yaris very spacious as compare to the other hatchbacks in the market. Even when i push the driver seat far backwards, the passenger at the back still have space to seat in. (Of course must not be taller than me lah :))

The pick up is better than the other hatchbacks (Japan and Korean) too... Ive tested, Getz, Fit, Swift, picanto, March. F/C is good cos i myself driving a SUV, so cant compare much... hee hee

unfortunately the boot space is really small.

Jazz, mazda 2 and colt has bigger boot space

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, agree that the boot space is very small, luckily the rear seats slide forward but then you also lose the rear legroom (if you have passengers onboard)....luckily this car is for my wife, so as long as there is room for her handbag I dont think she will be too fussed, mind you if you try putting in all her handbags in the car then I may need to upgrade to a Alphard.

Should say they are a great city car, small and convinient.. My friend installed some crazy I.C.E on his yaris.. looks/hears awesome [sweatdrop]

Yeah, agree that the boot space is very small, luckily the rear seats slide forward but then you also lose the rear legroom (if you have passengers onboard)....luckily this car is for my wife, so as long as there is room for her handbag I dont think she will be too fussed, mind you if you try putting in all her handbags in the car then I may need to upgrade to a Alphard.

so many handbags, huh [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement