Car Are Way Overpriced Now!

Vit4wd

A Kia Picanto 1.1M is now selling at $43,499, when Cat A COE is $17,000 (5 June 2007).

In July 2004, when Cat A COE was at $28K, the very same car was selling for $48,900.

You do your sums and tell me if cars now are indeed expensive? ... and with more ERP gantries coming up too.

↡ Advertisement

i started a thread on cars are expensive but many here don't think so.

So I am sad to say that these are the people who are will to pay and pay

I give up

[:)]

(edited)

Agree. Dealers are sharpening their knives again.

B4 GST goes up, they alreadi up the price [thumbsdown]

Edited by Sky8807

Neutral Newbie

Yeah. Even a chery QQ is above 30k.. Not worth rather buy a good car buy paying 10k more. Gahmen enjoy high pay as we enjoy paying them.

I was talking with a friend of mine during ICT today. He happens to be an SE at MI and he said sales are very slow now and he was happy that he was at this ICT.

I guess the high prices are keeping buyers away.

Think the COE bidding tomorrow should drop liao.

If the top 5 big players, Borneo Mtrs (Toyota), Tan Chong Mtrs (Nissan), Komoco (Hyundai), Kah Mtrs (Honda) and C&C (Mitsubishi & KIA) still has back log orders, don't expect COE prices to drop.

Way too expensive to buy now....wait till share market crash and COE will go southwards. Then rush in and buy better.....now must hold the urge unless you need a car urgently..... [shakehead]

Way too expensive to buy now....wait till share market crash and COE will go southwards. Then rush in and buy better.....now must hold the urge unless you need a car urgently.....

Maybe stock market crash I will buy shares [laugh]

A Kia Picanto 1.1M is now selling at $43,499, when Cat A COE is $17,000 (5 June 2007).

In July 2004, when Cat A COE was at $28K, the very same car was selling for $48,900.

You do your sums and tell me if cars now are indeed expensive? ... and with more ERP gantries coming up too.

no lah.. ur previous hipporolla in the late 90s cost $100+k... and dun forget the cost of inflation, its relatively cheap these days...

dun need to complain [laugh]

i started a thread on cars are expensive but many here don't think so.

So I am sad to say that these are the people who are will to pay and pay

I give up

a car used to cost twice of a person annual salary but it cost less than their annual salary (those sub $50k car), i am sure you have been through the 'crazy' coe period where that can get you a car today!

don't forget you are in a car forum [dizzy][dizzy]

But don't forget that petrol is much more expensive now, so are HDB season parking charges, office parking charges, coupon parking charges, interest rates & more ERP gantries too.

My friend who lives in Ang Mo Kio and workes in Shenton Way spends over $10 a day on ERP charges. He also has top pay ERP charges when he returns home in the evening.

So you buy a car cheap but you end up spending the same as last time when you paid a high price for your car, 'cos of the above mentioned charges.

Cars are no doubt affordable to own but not necessarily affordable to run and maintain. I know of many people who leave their cars in their HDB car park on weekdays and using it only at nite and weekends.

My friend bot his Lancer in 2003 @ 75k.

My collegue lagi best, bot his coffin-box shape "duno what generation" toyota corona @ 100k, back in the 1990's.

Do u think the current car prices will rise to that level ?

What abt the COE @ 100k ?

[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

you have a choice [:p][:p]

my friend drove a used $90k car 15 years ago and he only making $2.5k a month. If you get a car for $30k lesser, how long can that last you on ERP and petrol? Today with his wife and his income slightly better, they own 2 cars [:p]

and no CC to tax them somemore..

This should addresses the concern of TS. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement