Gear Knob Stolen At Borneo Motors

Johnchong

Neutral Newbie

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's true.

Got the IS250 recently. After the 1000km servicing, the gear lever suddenly felt very stiff when sliding along the slot. So I brought it back to Borneo Motors a few days later. The mechanic immediately spotted that the gear knob wasn't the original IS250 one. It was of the wrong size, hence the stiffness in shifting.

In fact, he initially implied that I bought an aftermarket knob and fixed it. I protested. It had been swopped during the 1000km servicing!!!!!! Screw the thief. Comparing the fake knob with the original on another IS250 parked there, I'm positive that I had the real thing up to the servicing.

Anyway, they said they'll order a new one from Japan but it'll take quite a few weeks. They even said they'll review the workshop camera footage and conduct an internal investigation.

How could Borneo Motors let something like that happen? I'm furious.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Seems that BM workshop mechanic are treating their customer as "fools" heard a lot of funny excuses.

I suggest that next time when a complain is made. Ask them to write it down the reason in the service records.

Edited by Boxster

why not

they change 2 piece of wiper blade rubber and try to rip me for 70$

i kpkb they then act blur gimme discount cos say my old blade thrown away

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

As ridiculous as it sounds.....do keep us informed of the outcome.

I am sure if you make it big....BM will want to shut up your mouth with some freebies/goodies.

This is a very serious reputation down the drain for Lexus, if it turns out to be TRUE.

Ask for the New IS250 Aero KIT for FREE or else................!

Edited by Liping24

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's true.

Got the IS250 recently. After the 1000km servicing, the gear lever suddenly felt very stiff when sliding along the slot. So I brought it back to Borneo Motors a few days later. The mechanic immediately spotted that the gear knob wasn't the original IS250 one. It was of the wrong size, hence the stiffness in shifting.

In fact, he initially implied that I bought an aftermarket knob and fixed it. I protested. It had been swopped during the 1000km servicing!!!!!! Screw the thief. Comparing the fake knob with the original on another IS250 parked there, I'm positive that I had the real thing up to the servicing.

Anyway, they said they'll order a new one from Japan but it'll take quite a few weeks. They even said they'll review the workshop camera footage and conduct an internal investigation.

How could Borneo Motors let something like that happen? I'm furious.

Go bang table with them .... ask them to replace .... [nod][nod]

Bro, it sure sucks to find something like this happened especially to a higher end make [:|]

I hope BM would give you a satisfactory compensation for it [:|]

talk about good aftersales service... [hur] anyway i am utterly disgusted by all the big AD.. i can't seems to trust them on their servicing.

Bro, would like to noe which service center u went to?

I have kena this kind of stuff from them before.

Cupholder cover, tyre valves caps, scratches.

Made a big fuss over the scratches but the manager denied. Saying this kind of scratches maybe outside ppl do one, if really scratch, cfm need to respray, but this one sand off can liao. I was like WTF! 15cm long, on my bonnet. If ur SA take in the car that time cant spot, u all shld ans for it. But the fact is that i inspected it before handling over.

And the manager was reluctant to compensate me for my extra trips. [furious]

which service centre u went?

so far i always send my camry to the defu one as its nearest my place

Defu is the hougang one rite? inside the esso mobil kiosk?

That was where my cupholder cover and tyre valve caps went missing after the service.

All of them denied taking it.

As ridiculous as it sounds.....do keep us informed of the outcome.

I am sure if you make it big....BM will want to shut up your mouth with some freebies/goodies.

This is a very serious reputation down the drain for Lexus, if it turns out to be TRUE.

Ask for the New IS250 Aero KIT for FREE or else................!

There is nothing much the TS can do. As long as he has no proof, he can't do anything to borneo.

If he tries to blow it up, he can be sued by Borneo. I strongly suggest that this thread be closed lest borneo starts to take action if this thread is ever blown up.

(edited)

defu... omg... better avoid there... i rather go to the main service centre like the one at thomson and leng kee...

don trust those at petrol kiosk..

Edited by Spyder79

Bro i went to e Sin Ming one, they were e one who made scratches to e car.

And the SA is dam fuk up. Can give me black face when i called him back as he was going home. Manager only slightly better.

U'll nv noe wad they do behind those walls.

Esp when u cant get to see ur ride while they service.

Small items like these, we tend to overlook when we collect e car.

If this continues, guess we gotta bring a checklist down each time we collect.

↡ Advertisement