Gear Knob Stolen At Borneo Motors

Johnchong

Neutral Newbie

The original one has metal trimmings at the top. The fake is just plain black.

A knob's really not expensive, so I think it could be for personal reasons that the theif stole it. Ya noe, like maybe his fren's IS250 gear knob is scratched, so he tot he'd get a new one for him.

That zig-zag slot has a fixed width rite. So if the gear knob is too wide where the two parts meet, there's gonna be some obstruction in the movement along the slot.

↡ Advertisement

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's true.

Got the IS250 recently. After the 1000km servicing, the gear lever suddenly felt very stiff when sliding along the slot. So I brought it back to Borneo Motors a few days later. The mechanic immediately spotted that the gear knob wasn't the original IS250 one. It was of the wrong size, hence the stiffness in shifting.

In fact, he initially implied that I bought an aftermarket knob and fixed it. I protested. It had been swopped during the 1000km servicing!!!!!! Screw the thief. Comparing the fake knob with the original on another IS250 parked there, I'm positive that I had the real thing up to the servicing.

Anyway, they said they'll order a new one from Japan but it'll take quite a few weeks. They even said they'll review the workshop camera footage and conduct an internal investigation.

How could Borneo Motors let something like that happen? I'm furious.

Many many years ago,

my honda accord got the same problem with kah motors

they took out internal stuff

you realized that sometimes after servicing you find a washer or screw on the floor pan

I am no motor car engineer

if i keep loosing one or two washer or screws with each visit

I may not be able to pass viacom test when the time comes

[:)]

ahh.. I get what you meant..

so in this case, I believe the plate at the gear shift is also blurred with the scratches. [:/]

Turbocharged

i don't service at BM but another AD.. lately i went to mine just to change oil, guess what, i got my trunk and center console (between front seats) stuff ransacked. change engine oil nia.. need to open trunk meh.. hur.gif

anyway, it pays to REMOVE all your valuable stuff before handing keys to them, esp if u are unable to be there when they service the car.. u never know.. shakehead.gif

Turbocharged

I think this kindda things can happen to any workshop of any marque....important is we must keep a lookup and really inspect the ride before we take over.

I remember our old family car, a 98 ford laser, also face similiar problems.

The car got some trouble with the engine and send back to Regent motors. Regent charge the change of the sparkplug together with other servicing.

But after the change the car still behave weirdly...not trusting Regent Motors we send to a outside workshop into to discover the sparkplugs are still the old ones. And that's not the end, we also discover that someone in Regent swap our new wipers with a old worn out one....it's too obvious.

We suspected a certain shabby mechanic there, not the actual management of the workshop, and never go back regent motors for servicing again....that was about 4-5 years ago.

If u drive a Lexus, e other guy drives a Toyota, the Lexus one will get e priority,

In fact in BM, Lexus is upper class. Toyota is second class.

aiya, Lexus people pay for the branding and class and treatment.. okie lah... nvm.... [laugh] the package of servicing is alreadie factored in for Lexus... [laugh]

i dun do my servicing in BM, but RV.. Riverview [thumbsup]

That's why I never went to Borneo for my servicing at all. My previous Toyota was serviced only by Jason at Lai Huat (Meng Kee) over at Sin Ming area.

It's hard to find reputable workshops.

Now I'm looking around for a home base for my S15 as well, after Imperial Concepts closed down. Thinking along the lines of Creative Sports or X-Factor.

You need the S15 workshop manual so that whichever mech you go to can do things to those specs??? I have it in a sub-800mb PDF [laugh].

agreed. i dont think it is the fault of BM, i never had an problems in my servicing there. must be a bad apple loitering at the repair area. i'm sure BM will heighten it's security following the incident so i will be more confident sending the car back to them for servicing... anyways, most lexus owners get up to 40,000 km free servicing...what's there to complain when the poor bmw 320i guy has to pay for each and every one of his servicing and still get treated like 2nd class citizen just because he doesnt drive a Z4 or 6/7 series ? borneo does quite good aftersales service for lexus....so i wont be too hasty to black list them.

You MIGHT want to check if the service engineer that serviced your car was a male

or a female.

If its a female... it might be lodged inside her [lipsrsealed]

As ridiculous as it sounds.....do keep us informed of the outcome.

I am sure if you make it big....BM will want to shut up your mouth with some freebies/goodies.

This is a very serious reputation down the drain for Lexus, if it turns out to be TRUE.

Ask for the New IS250 Aero KIT for FREE or else................!

There is nothing much the TS can do. As long as he has no proof, he can't do anything to borneo.

If he tries to blow it up, he can be sued by Borneo. I strongly suggest that this thread be closed lest borneo starts to take action if this thread is ever blown up.

I noticed this and another thread advising the thread starters to close the thread citing risk of being sued. I wonder if u are from BM? [laugh]

Anyway, these days bad doing are always reported on STOMP as well, so in a way it is a good thing for consumers and make businessmen more on their toes.

No pls dont close thread. Anyway, KNN gearknob also got people steal? [shakehead] . Also huh, how can a diff gear knob give you a stuff feel when shifting? I thot they are separate things

always walk one round with the SA when you send your car in for servicing..

Mine keep a records of minor scratches just like what those doctors like polycline does.

So if there's new injury, they will add one. This will lead to less dispute during car collection.

Frankly, those workers also wouldn't want to cause extra damage to your car, coz it only bring them trouble instead of good.

Bro when i reached there, i walked one round myself.

Den handling over, i walked one round with that bugger.

And upon collection, he still can give me lame excuses!

Who scratched one i duno la.. i only noe AD scratched it and refused to admit.

Went to Leng Kee service center. I believe Lexus only has two. One's at Leng Kee, the other's at Sin Ming.

But Lexus customer service normally v good leh, different from Toyota side. My friend has had very good experiences with them. Such as one time when they replaced a brake rotor just because there was a little vibration on his car. No questions asked.

Yes bro. Lexus service is really dam good. Like top class.

Those driving Toyota need to bang table before they replace items. Esp those shock absorbers/suspension problems on Vios and Altis.

Neutral Newbie

Got the IS250 recently. After the 1000km servicing, the gear lever suddenly felt very stiff when sliding along the slot. So I brought it back to Borneo Motors a few days later. The mechanic immediately spotted that the gear knob wasn't the original IS250 one. It was of the wrong size, hence the stiffness in shifting.

In fact, he initially implied that I bought an aftermarket knob and fixed it. I protested. It had been swopped during the 1000km servicing!!!!!! Screw the thief. Comparing the fake knob with the original on another IS250 parked there, I'm positive that I had the real thing up to the servicing.

Anyway, they said they'll order a new one from Japan but it'll take quite a few weeks. They even said they'll review the workshop camera footage and conduct an internal investigation.

How could Borneo Motors let something like that happen? I'm furious.

this is horrifying... Have u made a formal complaint to BM?

Neutral Newbie

If u drive a Lexus, e other guy drives a Toyota, the Lexus one will get e priority,

In fact in BM, Lexus is upper class. Toyota is second class.

aiya, Lexus people pay for the branding and class and treatment.. okie lah... nvm.... laugh.gif the package of servicing is alreadie factored in for Lexus... laugh.gif

i dun do my servicing in BM, but RV.. Riverview thumbsup.gif

won't the warranty be voided unless u did it at BM?

↡ Advertisement