Gear Knob Stolen At Borneo Motors

Johnchong

Talking about things missing after servicing at AD.. my current ride is a Honda from KM and my previous ride was a toyota from BM.

I went to the AD for servicing during the warranty period.

Without fail, my mileage will drop quite drastically after each servicing. In fact, it is obvious from the fuel gauge that right after the servicing is done, the meter has dropped.

I came to conclude that someone must be siphoning away my petrol during the servicing.

I really wonder why?

When I was riding scrambler long time back, the workshop I went to service my bike will take my petrol when they have to clean up the carb.

That, I can understand.

But why do the 2 AD need to take out petrol from my tank during regular servicing?

Now I bring my ride to a gas station to do servicing and I watch my car like a hawk. I have stopped experiencing that petrol lost.

Has anybody experienced this?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I agree that it can happen anywhere. It's plain bad luck.

And it's unfortunate that the company has to bear the responsibility of one employee's misdoing. Just like how a restaurant manager must apologize on behalf of the waiter when a mistake is made.

Hence the importance of hiring the right employees, haha.

always walk one round with the SA when you send your car in for servicing..

Mine keep a records of minor scratches just like what those doctors like polycline does.

So if there's new injury, they will add one. This will lead to less dispute during car collection.

Frankly, those workers also wouldn't want to cause extra damage to your car, coz it only bring them trouble instead of good.

Bro when i reached there, i walked one round myself.

Den handling over, i walked one round with that bugger.

And upon collection, he still can give me lame excuses!

Who scratched one i duno la.. i only noe AD scratched it and refused to admit.

no lar.. next time, you need to walk with the SA.. tell him to jot down the major dent and scratches..

If you are in his shoe, you also LL mar if he didn't cause it. You think AD will pay, most likely the poor SA which help to faciliate your servicing will have to bear it.

That's the exact manual that I have as well... all in PDF format

By the way, some S15 owner was telling that our car comes stock with drum brakes in the rear and it's in the manual.

I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Can confirm?

(edited)

Agreed.

It is ALL about the AD and BM, not the so called "lone dishonest mechanic". We choose brands for their assurance, hence the larger workshops, be it AD, STAR, or independent tuning garages like GarageR etc, must bear responsibility on what happens in their workshops. Fortunately, quite a number do, but when they fail, we as consumers should stand up and make it known publicly.

This is NOT slander, and certainly has no need to lock up the thread as some implied. Such immature thinking is laughable at best.

So if these large workshops fail to hire, train and incentivise their workers properly, then they must bear responsibility. Simple as that.

Edited by Vblaster_w211

Neutral Newbie
Talking about things missing after servicing at AD.. my current ride is a Honda from KM and my previous ride was a toyota from BM.

I went to the AD for servicing during the warranty period.

Without fail, my mileage will drop quite drastically after each servicing. In fact, it is obvious from the fuel gauge that right after the servicing is done, the meter has dropped.

I came to conclude that someone must be siphoning away my petrol during the servicing.

I really wonder why?

When I was riding scrambler long time back, the workshop I went to service my bike will take my petrol when they have to clean up the carb.

That, I can understand.

But why do the 2 AD need to take out petrol from my tank during regular servicing?

Now I bring my ride to a gas station to do servicing and I watch my car like a hawk. I have stopped experiencing that petrol lost.

Has anybody experienced this?

maybe they went for test drive? or they started ur car to diagnose something? [laugh]

should have gotten mark x instead. much cheaper & anyway they are all toyotas, and no need to go that bmx place [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's true.

Got the IS250 recently. After the 1000km servicing, the gear lever suddenly felt very stiff when sliding along the slot. So I brought it back to Borneo Motors a few days later. The mechanic immediately spotted that the gear knob wasn't the original IS250 one. It was of the wrong size, hence the stiffness in shifting.

In fact, he initially implied that I bought an aftermarket knob and fixed it. I protested. It had been swopped during the 1000km servicing!!!!!! Screw the thief. Comparing the fake knob with the original on another IS250 parked there, I'm positive that I had the real thing up to the servicing.

Anyway, they said they'll order a new one from Japan but it'll take quite a few weeks. They even said they'll review the workshop camera footage and conduct an internal investigation.

How could Borneo Motors let something like that happen? I'm furious.

That's why I never went to Borneo for my servicing at all. My previous Toyota was serviced only by Jason at Lai Huat (Meng Kee) over at Sin Ming area.

It's hard to find reputable workshops.

Now I'm looking around for a home base for my S15 as well, after Imperial Concepts closed down. Thinking along the lines of Creative Sports or X-Factor.

laugh.giflaugh.gif If Creative Sports, can meet for kopi liaoz!

Went to Leng Kee service center. I believe Lexus only has two. One's at Leng Kee, the other's at Sin Ming.

But Lexus customer service normally v good leh, different from Toyota side. My friend has had very good experiences with them. Such as one time when they replaced a brake rotor just because there was a little vibration on his car. No questions asked.

Yes bro. Lexus service is really dam good. Like top class.

Those driving Toyota need to bang table before they replace items. Esp those shock absorbers/suspension problems on Vios and Altis.

yeah agreed, i replaced my door panel too no qn asked due to a rattling speaker @ lexus sinming

won't the warranty be voided unless u did it at BM?

BM currently not so smelly type...

but for toyota shield (extended warranty), i think it will be affected if svc outside

↡ Advertisement