Citroen C4 MPV

Xito

Neutral Newbie

Just saw the advert on the papers, this seems like an excellent MPV but think the price is a little high. Anyone test driven? Comments Please.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Seats 7 96888 for norm version. 7k more for some frills sports rims etc. See ST today.

Neutral Newbie

Thats the Grand C4 Picasso [;)] . Nice car. Lots of goodies, like dual-zone AC, speed limiter, extra-large windscreen, window screen, etc. Base model handles like typical MPV though. The higher spec model uses hydro pneumatic suspension but wasn't avaliable for test drive yet (last month). Handling should be better.

Neutral Newbie

Ya lotsa goodies but comes with a price though. But is the premium worth it. In Europe this is competing in same category as Zafira which is going for much less here.

Neutral Newbie

No prob [sunny] The 5 seater C4 is nice too but a little squeezy like the Astra i am driving now. But the build is [thumbsup]

Expanding family, can't decide between saloon or MPV [crazy]

Neutral Newbie

Not sure whats included in the premium option, but if you are getting a Citroen, then go for the model with pneumatic suspension. Its what owing a Citroen is all about [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. What does a pneumatic suspension do. Guess handling should be better. at 104k for a MPV thinks its a bit expensive; at that price i can get a Golf GT, more fun but less space for the family.

the pneumatic suspension does wonders for the ride/handling balance.

if citroen is famed for anything, it has to be their suspension.

Even the 1.4 Xsara i drove once many years ago, managed to impress me with the ride.

I may be wrong, but the pneumatic rear system is more for self-levelling function to preserve the rear suspension geometry in the event of heavy load, not to be confused with the full hydropneumatic suspension of the larger Citroens.

You are right, the Picasso doesn't have full hydropneumatic suspension. I think in the current Citroen range only the C5 and C6 have it.

The Xsara had very ordinary suspension, just MacPherson struts in front and a simple torsion beam behind. But I agree, it had a fantastic ride and good handling. Shows that it's always more about tuning than just the suspension specs. And yet so many people here claim that torsion beam sucks, multi link is always better, etc.

Owned a Xsara for 2 yrs, and yes, the suspension/handling is fantastic even tho' it's old skool design. IMHO, xsara can handle corners better than most conti/jap cars except the Focus and 206 on stock standard.

but due to torsion beam design, no bigger than 15" wheels can be used.. [:/]