Volvo S40

Icebird

Turbocharged

paid abt S$90K for the volvo but that was abt 6 mths ago. scrap my corolla coz was already 10 yrs.

Now looking for workshop to add rear lip and side skirts. seem like no workshop do bodykit for Volvo unless customize and it is very expensive.

u may want to try calling this company for bodykit. http://www.mtetune.com/

i give [thumbsup] to SM for their service quality

i hv used many cars so far, both new and used.

and i can safely say, there never has been and there never will be another AD that can delivers that high quality service level like SM does

i cannot speak the same for their technical competency though, but that is universally same through out all the ADs

look guys,

if you think that your SA is not telling you the truth or giving you some cow dung about the technical issue, there is a chance that it is not bcos they dont know the root cause.

my SA-become-friend told me, sometimes it is bcos of company policy, they cannot tell you the truth... maybe a design issue or supplier part premature failure.

sometimes, it is bcos they really dont know the extent of the issue until they take apart the machine.... and when they get a nasty shock from the extent of the damage, they still cannot tell you the truth bcos you will get a nasty shock as well and you will ballastic kpkb at them

I bot brand new S40 2.4l at launch 6yrs ago.

Price $126k (special moonroof indent)

Mileage 31,000 only

sold for $73k

Loss in 2yrs 10mths $53k

So if you want to buy brand new car and not lose so much, dont be itchy backside like me. hahah

Could you re phrase the date of purchase of your S40?

Was it 6 years or 2 years 10 months?

Could you re phrase the date of purchase of your S40?

Was it 6 years or 2 years 10 months?

he bought it 6 years ago and he owned it for 2 years and 10 months before selling it.

he bought it 6 years ago and he owned it for 2 years and 10 months before selling it.

Thanks for helping to explain, Skunky.

but i thought my post was quite clear already....heh

tried calling autovox, heico but they do not have bodykits for Volvo S40. And i head it's very expensive to install there. anybody got any recommendation or have installed before for your Volvo? thanks

autovox usually does not hv heico kits in stock but they can indent. but expect to pay over $5k.

can oso try eurohaus. the have (or had) an evolve kit which they were trying to clear for abt 3k+.

if u dun want so garang, SM got the orig kit for abt $2k+.

but whatever u do, pls dun go to jb to do cheong one. someone once did and it came out looking [thumbsdown] .

autovox usually does not hv heico kits in stock but they can indent. but expect to pay over $5k.

can oso try eurohaus. the have (or had) an evolve kit which they were trying to clear for abt 3k+.

but whatever u do, pls dun go to jb to do cheong one. someone once did and it came out looking [thumbsdown] .

JB? eeeeks eeeks

Thanks for helping to explain, Skunky.

but i thought my post was quite clear already....heh

Sorry it was my mistake for not thinking. Was busy looking at stocks... [:p]

Why did you sell it?

Sorry it was my mistake for not thinking. Was busy looking at stocks... [:p]

Why did you sell it?

Same reason why I sold all my cars.

backside itchy.

2 yrs 10 mths remains the longest period of time I have owned the same car.

I usually change cars every 1.5yrs to 2 yrs.

So I vow to only buy second hand cars from then onwards, haha

Same reason why I sold all my cars.

backside itchy.

2 yrs 10 mths remains the longest period of time I have owned the same car.

I usually change cars every 1.5yrs to 2 yrs.

So I vow to only buy second hand cars from then onwards, haha

Wow, your depreciation is $18,700 per year. It's quite heavy huh.

A new car must keep at least 5 years before one can sell off.

Wow, your depreciation is $18,700 per year. It's quite heavy huh.

A new car must keep at least 5 years before one can sell off.

Yeah, quite steep.

what to do, backside itchy must scratch.

But lucky not an issue as car was fully paid so i just take back the full amount of my selling price and topped up $55k to buy a second hand 525i .....

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info. But i'm intending to add rear lid & side skirts only and not changing the whole bumper coz it's too expensive. Heard my friend said that rear lid is just abt S$200+ per piece. Not sure where can i do it and not sure if they will customise when the price is so low.

Yeah, quite steep.

what to do, backside itchy must scratch.

But lucky not an issue as car was fully paid so i just take back the full amount of my selling price and topped up $55k to buy a second hand 525i .....

What's the maintenance/repair costs between the 2 makes?

Thanks for the info. But i'm intending to add rear lid & side skirts only and not changing the whole bumper coz it's too expensive. Heard my friend said that rear lid is just abt S$200+ per piece. Not sure where can i do it and not sure if they will customise when the price is so low.

$200+ for rear lip cheap liao lor. i got a MS Design front lip from autovox b4 and it cost abt $600 excl fitting and painting. [bigcry]

here's a money saving tip; the S40 oredi come wif a side-skirt (tho not beri deep) and juz paint it body colour instead of leaving it matt grey/black. you'll be surprised at the transformation. the rear lip can either get thru ebay or can checkout propell as they may be scrapping a T5 there.

↡ Advertisement