Volvo S40

Icebird

Neutral Newbie

engine vibrate isnt it link to engine mounting and gear mounting?

Possible. Need to change to see if that is the problem.

Yup, hope Alex can solve your issues. I hope you don't start adding stuff to your car... [sly]:ph34r:[laugh]

I hope I will have positive feel back after this. Then next time I will be back here for servicing. The previous workshop in Alexandra is really bad. They have too many cars and little attention is place on individual. Bad experience there.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Possible. Need to change to see if that is the problem.

I hope I will have positive feel back after this. Then next time I will be back here for servicing. The previous workshop in Alexandra is really bad. They have too many cars and little attention is place on individual. Bad experience there.

Hi guys,

Just done my repair at MTE garage...now my problem solved! Now the drive is as smooth as before...but it is abit costly and it burn a hole in my pocket...

But still I would recommend to go to this workshop if you driving a volvo..Alex is professional and helpful.

Neutral Newbie

If sell cheap, who pay for his new ws rental?

Understand...that why I still recommend if you want to have a peace of mind..

Turbocharged

Understand...that why I still recommend if you want to have a peace of mind..

Sorry, my personal opinion.

i hv no confidence in him when come to repair/troubleshoot.

Neutral Newbie

What was done and what's the damage?

I change the engine mounting, crank pulley set, spark plugs, gasket...throttle cleaning...adaptive test with DICE...2K +

Hi guys,

Just done my repair at MTE garage...now my problem solved! Now the drive is as smooth as before...but it is abit costly and it burn a hole in my pocket...

But still I would recommend to go to this workshop if you driving a volvo..Alex is professional and helpful.

good to hear that.

MTE?

Why?care to share?

I change the engine mounting, crank pulley set, spark plugs, gasket...throttle cleaning...adaptive test with DICE...2K +

hmm... not sure consider expensive anot.. but i come to expect this type of price for contis.. but real hardware change is engine mounting, crak pulley and spark plugs

maybe someone can recommend cheaper workshop?

They are not the only competent workshop around.

got kangtao anot? share share leh....

yes pls share....

If by changeling all possible parts that may cause problems then Mte is similar as other workshop.. If he manages to solve your problem by changing only one particular part or as little parts as possible and your problem is solve then Mte is a cut above others.

That's my take.

Just sent my S40 to tor kor for servicing today, 90K servicing + front brake pads/disc + Engine mounting = 1.5K.

Front passenger door mechanism not functioning and was told need to replace, cost about $900. I'd say forget it, but just wondering if S40 owners do face similar issues with door mechanism unable to lock using the remote?

Now I will most probably change to MTE on my next fix. Thanks for your time and appreciate your advise.

Edited by MyMelody451

Just sent my S40 to tor kor for servicing today, 90K servicing + front brake pads/disc + Engine mounting = 1.5K.

Front passenger door mechanism not functioning and was told need to replace, cost about $900. I'd say forget it, but just wondering if S40 owners do face similar issues with door mechanism unable to lock using the remote?

Now I will most probably change to MTE on my next fix. Thanks for your time and appreciate your advise.

If your S40 more than 3 year old and outside warranty period, save $ and service outside. Based on your list, probably less than 1K. Engine mount 100+, front brake pads 190 (I just changed), oil, filter about 200 or less, plus rotors.

The extra $500 covers for your coffee from the tea lady, and for the complimentary taxi ride to your office.

If your S40 more than 3 year old and outside warranty period, save $ and service outside. Based on your list, probably less than 1K. Engine mount 100+, front brake pads 190 (I just changed), oil, filter about 200 or less, plus rotors.

The extra $500 covers for your coffee from the tea lady, and for the complimentary taxi ride to your office.

where do you sent to?

Normal engine oil change I went Autobacs (Bought Helix oil on offer at $92 for 4 litre - need slight more than one bottle and I think they charge $5 or 10 for labour if you buy the oil and filter from them).

Simple brake pads job I just went to a WS (Holland Auto Wheels in Bukit Batok Crescent) near my office so that I could leave it there and walk to my office! The mechanics are mostly PRC now but they did a decent job and good service. You can get your rotor skimmed if you want.

For Volvo parts you can get from Unico Motor at Blk 22 Sin Ming Road #01-242. I bought the engine torque mount and coils there.

I have my fair share of Volvo's so probably I know more of the cars' problems! [:)]

I really don't like the tor kor - other than expensive, last time my engine coughing they pretended to check here check there before telling me coil problem and charged me 100 plus for checking. A simple OBD diagnostic tool check would have pin point the actual problematic coil in 10 seconds.

When my car kena knocked, I sent there for repairs (replaced 2 doors despite a minor knock but other party salah they paid). Repair bill was more than 10K including 2 new doors. Less than 1 year later, rust bubbles started to appear on the doors. My regular painter told me it happened becos old doors were used. So that tor kor cheated me and the insurer. [thumbsdown] to tor kor for [knife][knife][knife]

Normal engine oil change I went Autobacs (Bought Helix oil on offer at $92 for 4 litre - need slight more than one bottle and I think they charge $5 or 10 for labour if you buy the oil and filter from them).

Simple brake pads job I just went to a WS (Holland Auto Wheels in Bukit Batok Crescent) near my office so that I could leave it there and walk to my office! The mechanics are mostly PRC now but they did a decent job and good service. You can get your rotor skimmed if you want.

For Volvo parts you can get from Unico Motor at Blk 22 Sin Ming Road #01-242. I bought the engine torque mount and coils there.

I have my fair share of Volvo's so probably I know more of the cars' problems! [:)]

I really don't like the tor kor - other than expensive, last time my engine coughing they pretended to check here check there before telling me coil problem and charged me 100 plus for checking. A simple OBD diagnostic tool check would have pin point the actual problematic coil in 10 seconds.

When my car kena knocked, I sent there for repairs (replaced 2 doors despite a minor knock but other party salah they paid). Repair bill was more than 10K including 2 new doors. Less than 1 year later, rust bubbles started to appear on the doors. My regular painter told me it happened becos old doors were used. So that tor kor cheated me and the insurer. [thumbsdown] to tor kor for [knife][knife][knife]

Hi,

Can you tell me who is your regular painter?