Volvo S40

Icebird

paid abt S$90K for the volvo but that was abt 6 mths ago. scrap my corolla coz was already 10 yrs.

Now looking for workshop to add rear lip and side skirts. seem like no workshop do bodykit for Volvo unless customize and it is very expensive.

What's the COE value you gotten 6 months ago? $40K ?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

$200+ for rear lip cheap liao lor. i got a MS Design front lip from autovox b4 and it cost abt $600 excl fitting and painting. [bigcry]

here's a money saving tip; the S40 oredi come wif a side-skirt (tho not beri deep) and juz paint it body colour instead of leaving it matt grey/black. you'll be surprised at the transformation. the rear lip can either get thru ebay or can checkout propell as they may be scrapping a T5 there.

S$200+ for real lip is not from autovox. It's expensive if u get from them..... so, is it expensive to paint it body colour for the side skirts? bodyit for subaru/Honda cheap coz it's very common. For Volvo it's expensive. haha

Turbocharged

was less than S$10K. ;)

wow, Lucky you. sweet COE

Maybe can consider selling and make a handsome profit of S$20K

Register Apr2009 - COE S$5K - selling S$95

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...872&DL=2201

Register Jul2009 - COE S$15K - selling S$102

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...925&DL=1000

Register Jun2010 - COE S$35K - selling S$141K

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...898&DL=1000

First 1-2 yrs depreciation is very high, esp for Conti in general. So if you are looking for S40, second hand is very good value provided the first owner took reasonable good care of car.

Within the 3 years, you do not have to fork out a single cent for maintenance.

Bro , from your avatar , seems like you are having a XC90.. Am I right? [laugh] [laugh]

I rather buy a Mazda 3. S40 and Mazda 3 share the same build.

nonesense.

even they use the same chassis, both cars are totally different in term of power, style etc.

S40 is a solid build car. Or shall I say the other is a tin can when compare together?

(no offence to those driving Madza3)

Why people buy IS250? might as well go for the X.

You go test drive the 2 and tell us if it feel this same. Share platform doesn't mean they are the same. The chassis, etc....will be very different. Not to even comparing the difference in built-quality.

You would also rather buy a toy car becos it also has 4 wheels and a steering wheel like a real car, correct?

I thought so.

Pls try before commenting!

Jap and conti handling so different loh.

I've driven both and hv to admit, the Mz3 is actualli a lot sharper around tight corners. This is prob due to the lighter body and smaller engine which makes it more nimble. Other than that, the Mz3 feels nothing like the S40.

I've driven both and hv to admit, the Mz3 is actualli a lot sharper around tight corners. This is prob due to the lighter body and smaller engine which makes it more nimble. Other than that, the Mz3 feels nothing like the S40.

And along the same lines, the focus also feels nothing like the Mz3 too, even with a similar chassis.

And along the same lines, the focus also feels nothing like the Mz3 too, even with a similar chassis.

when i tested the Mz3, the SE tried to sell me the same line i.e. "this car same as volvo S40. so actualli you're buying a volvo at a cheaper price. good deal hor?"....

↡ Advertisement