Testing of Duragloss #751 Rain repel/Glass cleaner

Maddriver

Neutral Newbie
Hmmm.. if I already have RainX on my windscreen, can I just apply this product over it? RainX is good... just that it causes my wipers to judder sometimes.

there is a cheapest and effective way to prevent your wipers from judder. just get a toothbrush and put some car shampoo and brush the wipers. this will remove the dirt that accumulated on your wipers..u may use car shampoo to clean your windscreen too..i've been using method for many years..my wipers dun judder [thumbsup]

(edited)

A window polish will strip it off.. our windscreen will have a layer of road film or some even water mark..This is what I do once a while... get the 3M sand paper for windscreen at stamford,damage abt $3.20.clay the windsreen follow by glass polish,I do clay my wiper at times....do it half and u will notice the difference.

well,there are different ways of doing it..see which works for u ..

#751 does not prevent wiper from juddger but it will not cause wiper to juddger.

Edited by Maddriver

Neutral Newbie
it is a combination of cleaner and repels.. rather than just rain repel..btw..i should be organising a dent remove session next sunday.. keep u post bro...

really ah? good, i might need that to remove a small dent on my car side. [:p]

I'd tried the rain repel too.

My experience with the product after 2 weeks:

1st usage I used the spray on wipe off immediately method. few days later drove in the rain, and I could feel slight judder and rain repel effect not too obvious. Maybe I'd wiped off too immediately. Or maybe i did not clean my windscreen thoroughly enough before applying [:(]

then 2nd time tried the spray on leave to cure for a while before wiping off method (like the suggested AW usage method mentioned in another thread). after wiping off with MF cloth, I noticed some streaks marks left behind by the excess rain repel that was flowing down when left to cure (same with AW!). More effort was required (aching arms after that! [sweatdrop] )to buff off to make the marks go away. Next day rained heavily, wiper no longer judder (or jugger??) and repel rain pretty well. worth the aching arm effort. [thumbsup]

(edited)

I find first application are so effective but after a few layer,I start to see it repel during heavy downpour when travelling..i tried it many times on my windscreen to see whether it cause wipper to judder.. confirm dun have...

Edited by Maddriver

A window polish will strip it off.. our windscreen will have a layer of road film or some even water mark..This is what I do once a while... get the 3M sand paper for windscreen at stamford,damage abt $3.20.clay the windsreen follow by glass polish,I do clay my wiper at times....do it half and u will notice the difference.

well,there are different ways of doing it..see which works for u ..

#751 does not prevent wiper from juddger but it will not cause wiper to juddger.

Bro next time free can help me take a look at mine? Stupid marks just dun wan to go away. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

Wah, i never know can clay all over the place!

use to think that claying is meant for teh body only [shocked]

Honestly, is teh soft 99 clay the only available in singapore?

which clay bar is recommended.

I bought a soft 99, its not that soft after all!

the stiff-ness makes claying a bit difficult. [smallcry]

Neutral Newbie

How U do it?????

my when clean by spray 751 on and wipe w cloth initially 1st rain it good feel so happy but few days later when rain again I on my wiper is judder [:(][sweatdrop]

hmmm,many factors..

1.When is the last time you change your wiper?

2.Rubber may have harden and cannot be sweep properly.

3.Have a feel on the windscreen,is it sandy kind of feel

4.Clean the wipers,u may find the rubber coated with a layer of black stain.

5.Have you ever use rain x on windscreen? If you have use other product before,best is to strip off before using #751..Mama Lemonthumbsup.gif

I tried on many cars,including new cars,no juddering at all.smile.gif just to check what is your ride?

Edited by Maddriver

towkay~!

needa ask u. do u have a glass cleaner that would let the water flow away from the side mirrors as well as the area of side window where we look thru to see the side mirrors? now it always forms droplets all around and i cannot really see the side mirrors lol [sweatdrop]

also, wash mitts lai liao mah? need something that can clean the car better... or maybe need upgrade the washer's skill liao.. [sweatdrop][dizzy]

Bro i teach you

Use Aquawax and Aquawax your side mirrors( the glass portion), and your surface of the side mirrors, aka the part facing out. When it rains, Sit back and watch the water droplets FLY!

↡ Advertisement