Car tyre repair kit

Aucsl

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Anyone know where can I find this? pro and con using this?

2004286554857189351_fs.jpg

post-1-1184655074_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aucsl
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

any shell petrol station marts should have ard 14 bucks liao..anyways its supposed to make the flat tyre tahan for a certain distance say 30km? for u to reach nearest tyre shop to change new wheels, if u dont want to change the spare tyre..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thks! So for short distance only ha [shakehead] Thinking to use it at NSH [sweatdrop]

Can the flat type be repair after using it? or must change to new one.

Edited by Aucsl

Neutral Newbie

I think the con is that one has to take out the tyre and wash away the chemicals after the old tyre is repaired.

Keeping the chemical inside the tyre will cause corrosion and unbalanced tyre right??

I think the best is to get run-flat tyres like those in the BMW3. No need for any spare tyre or repair kit.

Neutral Newbie

i think it would be a better idea to stick to ur spare tyre.. cos even u manage to patch it.. still no air inside.. how to drive..

if u must have a patch kit.. suggest that u buy those that looks like a worm wan.. brown colour sticky worm shape.. that 1 very lasting.. i patch my van tyre about 7-8mths ago.. still going strong now..

Yup, that kind of patching kit works very well. But you'd need a couple of tools to do it properly. Obviously you would need to remove the wheel & identify where the leak is first, then if it's some foreign object embedded inside, you'd need a pair of pliers to pry it out. The tool included with the patch kit is used to insert the "worm-like thingy". Once done, you'd need to have an air pump to bring the tyre back up to the correct pressure.

All said, that means that this kind of kit is more troublesome to use, so if the TS intends to use it on the NSHW, he'd have to bring along the air pump & stuff. Whereas the aerosol can kit is just "plug & play". Don't even have to remove the wheel. More of a convenience versus lasting usage kind of thing.