New Mitsubishi Lancer EX is here! Prices, Pictures...

Nikolaiski

Think the 6CVT gearbox is also very good. the car can have good 0-100km/h even in CVT guise.

Don disagree with u but personally a manual car lover...only my first car a auto the rest is manual. So more attached to them.

↡ Advertisement

After creating so much fuss over so past few years, with concept, proto types in trade shows, & press confrences, & taking so many donkey years with the this new Lancer/EX/GT/EVO/watever lineup, this is wat we get [:/]. Its a decent looking car, but consider the fanfare that Mit try to create with this new lancer, I am quite dissappointed.

(edited)

bro..u sound more professional..

@ least u get pple to refer to the merchant's thread..

coz i see some thread sponsors...

they are bombarding everywhere encouraging pple to buy from them thumbsdown.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gifthumbsdown.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif to ur professionalism bro..keep it upz... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by Gabriel

reading the review in today, it appears that despite the exterior nice looks, only the GT models get all round disc brakes ! can u imagine drive the 1.5 liter or 2.0 elegance and only have both rear drum brakes.....sigh..mitsubishi is cutting corners again [mad]

also the dash looks horrid...looks very old .......... [:(]

but i guess all singaporeans care is exterior looks......the ricers will be flooding to the car in droves [laugh]

agree, the dash is damn ugly...

but regarding the disc/drum difference, the 1.5L horses may not need a full disc configuration...

but then the 2.0L with 155PS is getting a disc/drum configuration, then may not be so good...unless its typical of mitsu to overclaim power rating again just like their Lancer Mivec say got >170PS, then turn out to be 130+ only...i'm sure many remember this fiasco...

(edited)

yes...let us not forget that mitsubishi was famous in japan for deceiving the japanese public over not recalling its cars due to faults ! the japanese have not forgiven them since....dishonesty is a really bad thing.... [:p]

2.0L elegance comes with disc drum config to save $$$...sigh..all round disc brakes are a high and necessary standard for most 2.0L cars......only the nissan sylphy 2.0 has drums i think.... [mad] remember the original mazda 3 came with rear drums but soon they offered free conversion to discs when all nre models came with all rounds discs....haha..and the mazda 3 1.6 with large rims is a underpowered and slow car somemore [laugh]

Edited by Azarael

Read the review in today newspaper. I think the writer must be very pissed with C&C. Complaining ( condem) all the way, suan till very obvious. Maybe C&C only let him test drive for a short time so he is so bias in the article? [laugh]

To be fair, I really cannot comments on the engine and performance as we have not test drive this car. However, the exterior look and the speedometer looks nice to me! [sly] Imagine I bought the 03' lancer from C&C at 81K with more lousy specs. [furious] Of cos the COE now is cheaper and price of other make is also cheaper but I think with this price tag is still reasonable.

I think the sport/racing looks gave u the wrong impression that this is a performance car. [laugh]

I only see it as a family sedan. Maybe your character sees it differently. [sly]

lancer 2 litre price can buy mazda 6 with change left (car of another class)

lancer 1.5 litre price can buy mazda 3 2 litre

or even buy a 1.8 litre wish or 2.0 strean for a few ks more

Normally when a new model comes in is always like that [:)]

Jus like Mz3 which initially cost more than 80K [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

Price will sure drop subsequently [nod][nod][nod]

seems that mitsubishi has just had a miss on a much talked about , hyped up car....poor noise insulation has always been a bad point abt lancers

haha....will be going down soon to take a look at the car as i passby leng kee quite often....perhaps yaloryalor bro can go down and test drive and give us a review ?

agreed chris tan really hates the car....nowadays it is common for car reviewers to tell us in a witty way how they feel about the car....the fact that he doesnt hide facts from us and makes it objective makes it nice to read

many many car magazines like carbuyer,autotrend, torque ,AA magazine, motoring all give such AD biased reviewers....never have i seen a review cirtical and slamming a car yet in a singapore magazine ...i mean if a car is rubbish then say it is rubbish..if it is full of faults or had a ugly cup holder.....tell us la !

haha....singapore needs a jeremy clarkson figure in motor reviewing ! somthing like a shock jock or a radical in car reviews....damn....mediacorp should host a top gear type of programme once the tuas race track is up.... [laugh]