2way Coaxial Speakers..

Terenc3

I went to this car audio shop.. They were very very pushy about their Lanzar/Landar 2way speakers.. Definitely not component.. Its only S$70 bucks.. Price is rather attractive.. Is is actually worth to change my stock front speakers this these versions?

Another offer I have is an old pair of component XSC.6 Soundstreem speakers with external tweeters.. They are cheap and is around S$70 after installation.. Haha.. So which do I go for huh?

↡ Advertisement

haha..

just take the soundstream components.

butlike someone said, the shop maybe clearin stock, so beware..

i'm not a fan of lanzar..

Haha.. I posted this and I went out.. And I bought the soundstream component speakers. Comes with 150W Speakers, Crossover Unit and Tweeters.. Fixing it up later.. Hahaha...

Hi Bro,

For $70?. is a great bargain.. did he say how old are the speakers? you check if the speakers are in fairly good condition? Here are some specs of this Soundstream XSC.6 6.5" 2-way component speakers.

* Impedance Compensating 12dB/Oct Passive Crossovers Included

* Crossover Points: HP (3.3kHz), LP(3kHz)

* Sensitivity 83 dB

* Frequency Response 85 - 20 k Hz

* RMS Power Handling 150 watts

* Peak Power Handling 300 watts approx.

* Impedance 3 ohms

S$30 for the speakers.. S$40 for fixing it up.. Hahaha.. Sound great..! But hor, abit of those vibrating sound on my door whenever the base is high..

Hi Bro,

Your journey just started.. it is gonna be a long one... You are driving a Sunny?

Anyway, here goes.. that vibration means you need soundproofing of your doors.. normally you need 2-layers for the 2 front doors as minimum. This will cost about $250 thereabouts depending on which installer does it and if they are using Dynamat Extreme SP material.

Yes, a Sunny.. Haha.. Hmm.. I'm slowly getting hooked by ICE.. Hahahaha... Sound Proofing it ar.. Think I DIY... Lolz...

Perhaps you may want to talk to the nasi padang ice kakis as some of them DIY their SP.. be prepared for some arm scratches and some aches. We meet every Wednesday nasi padang place and sometimes during Fri Bishan meetup too. Watch this ICE thread for meetup details.

Hmm.. I got a question.. DO you know where to get the material which we used to wrap air con pipes and all? That stuff itself shd serve quite well as a sound proffing material right? Yet it dun cost much i tink..

<<DO you know where to get the material which we used to wrap air con pipes and all? That stuff itself shd serve quite well as a sound proffing material right? Yet it dun cost much i tink..>>

No.. no.. no.. those are not suitable for SP. Just come tomorrow for Wed nasi padang ice meetup and you will what you need and what to do. There are bros there that can help give you advice.

Neutral Newbie

Yes - boot needs SP too especially when u have a BIG sub-woofer pumping there. [thumbsup]

U also need to ensure that your licence place is properly secured and fully pasted down to avoid any rattling sound.

Neutral Newbie

Your ICE journey has just started.

My very 1st set of components was also XSC6...sold it after 3 months...changed to Helix HXS636...now still trying to sell it...changed to Seas Reference...

XSC6 sounded good when I first installed it...but after listening to some bro's ICE here...XSC6 dropped to only so so...listen some more setups, XSC6 dropped to "one of those "bing bing biang biang" type of speakers...very noisy....then I target speakers that are good on vocals...that's where Helix HXS636 came in.

Then still find something missing...vocals and instruments not refined enough...so Seas, here I come [;)]

That's how the poison spreads..... [sweatdrop]

Haha.. I dun think I've so much money to burn leh..! The citem itself might be able to get the resale value, but installation cost very ex leh.. Unless DIY?

Neutral Newbie

haha..there is no perfect setup..So i rather dont listen to other setup..if not kena poision again.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement