VW Caddy 1.9TDI with DSG

Fcw75

Would you get a VW Caddy 1.9TDI with DSG for $47800? I went to check it out today and it looks really good. Lots of goodies - 1.9TDI, DSG, traction control, climatic control, factory fitted mp3 headunit, ABS, airbag, power and heated wing mirrors, 15" sport rims, keyless entry and immobilizer.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement

for this price can almost get nissan sunny or lancer liao

on the other hand heard from some forumer who said that by chipping the old caddie tdi can get 0-100 in under 7 seconds, if that is true i really dun mind.

Edited by Verve

Neutral Newbie

I would buy it rather than some cheaper cars out there if I can live with only having seats for 2.

I speak from experience of having owned one for past few years. The 2.0SDi one. Still have it now even though I own another VAg car as well.

From experience, the 2.0 caddy was:

Pros.

1. smooth

2. excellent space. once you own one, you would know what i mean. also a little bit larger than kangoo, berlingo etc...

3. traction control really works! (Savedmy life once)

4. problem free for more than 2 years

5. gave me about 16km/l FC

6. easy to maintain

Cons.

1. Lack of power ( the new 1.9 TDi is a lot more powerful and torquey)

2. Old agent was terrible (New one is much better)(Cheaper to service as well)

3. 2 year warranty only ( Should be the same with new agent now)

4. No controls on steering wheel 9Dunno if factory fitted wil have with 1.9 TDi)

5. Of course travelling within 70km/h

6. that beeping sound (we had our ways of making it stop...)

Thats about it. Its a bit pricey, but all things considered, like I said, if 2 seats is enough, you will enjoy it a lot more than a small jap car at the same price.

Do take note that it does not have PARF value, but OMV is i heard about the same as a Golf GT. $28K?

Cheers.

(edited)

Thanks for the detailed info bro. I heard only need to service every 15K for VW cars, is it true? So tat means no need to send in for 1000km servicing, only send in at 15000km?

Seems like the Caddy is really good. I believe the 1.9TDI should be a lot more powerful, didn't test drive it today as I was in a rush. Nope, no steering wheel control for the 1.9TDI as well.

No problem with the speed limit and beeping sound as I drive the Toyota Hilux and Nissan cabstar during my course of work. As you said, there's a way to stop it. [:p]

Yep, no scrap value for commercial vehicle.

Can I ask you since you are still owning the 2.0SDI? Did you install any of these items - reverse sensors, window visors, window film, leather seats, rear sofa and alarm?

Edited by Fcw75

at least dun have to look over your shoulder all the time mah with the 70 km/h limit.

sometimes i need to drive my co kangoo to send some stuff to my customers for last min stuff and when driving the kangoo i always forget the 70km/h rule - partially cos used to driving car and also the beeper was arhhmm ..... creatively modified to not beep.

worst was when i had to rush to tuas, pedal to metal at 12o on the expressway, if caught my license gone liao, if in a car still got hope.

so pragmatically at the end of the day its faster with the turbo but in real life slower due to the law.

Neutral Newbie

I still own the SDi. Installed nothing extra. Pure stock coz it was company vehicle. Dun need to spend too much on it. But mine had no windows at the back coz carrying sensitive stuff.

If i was in the market for such a vehicle, I would most CERTAINLY consider buying this. It gets quite tiresome driving manual after a while in singapore coz of the jams. The DSG is very good actually for an automatic. I know coz i have driven some DSG cars.

Reverse sensors are impt to a van.

Sofa illegal if carrying people other than your company payroll pple.

Hope that helps.

Bro, can't be compared to Golf in terms of handling etc. but DSG is great! Check out the video:

The new performance cars are fitted with DSG or twin-clutch gearbox

2008 Evo X (SST, or Sport Shift Transmission)

2008 BMW M3 (seven-speed double-clutch gearbox call M DCT)

This is the trend for gearbox technology. On the hind side, it may be expensive to repair if something goes wrong with the gearbox.

hi there

my 2 cents on this kinda vehicles.

pple will tell u that its almost the same price as other car, ( prob likea lancer, top up a bit more can get a jazz).

but i feel, pple have told me the caddy 1.9TDI has a ton of power and torque and is super fun to drive. further more, look at the space.

i mean, if u need the space (maybe for work or other things) + u want the power, it's a good buy.

70km/h limitation is just a pain in the a$$, but its one of the trade offs. beep beep beep from wat i heard can be " fixed".. heheh

seems promising though. but the price is a little on the high side. GTi is a lovely machine i muz say.

sidetrack i think hey bro headshok i think u've one of the coolest avatars. haha [thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement