Altis chit-chat

Smiley

Neutral Newbie

it has been 4 months, still on mineral oil. realised that contrary to what people say toyota is best in FC, i m getting 9plus in my first 5k. now at 7k, i m getting about 10plus. i m expecting this to go up (by how much??) when i change to sync oil when i go fr 10k servicing.

bros driving altis, how is your ride performing?

↡ Advertisement

I'm not driving altis, but if change to sync oil, in usual FC should be 11~12km/L [;)]

alot discussion regarding altis FC in the forum, do a scarch

Mine also about 7K. SGU. My FC records are:

11.05, 10.5, 12.5 11.9 12 11.38 12.72

So far both times using mineral oil from BM.

The FC depends on the traveling, particularly ratio of congested: non conjested. In my last case of 12.72, I travel from Changi to Tuas by PIE twice in a week. Specs of Altis from SGCarmart is about 12.5.

The first way to improve your FC - pump high tyre pressure. I use 230pa. Hope it will not cause problem.

Neutral Newbie

FC really depend on the driver and the driving style. I think you are quite heavy footed and also if you do alot of city driving, you'll get that kind of FC. During my 1st 1k, I achieve 13+km/l. Now i'm on synthetic (0W30) and achieving 15-16+km/l for highway and 13-14km+/l for city. I usually do smooth acceleration (rpm abt 2 - 2.2k) when I move off from stationary.

Edited by Fitzy

the altis fuel economy is not really that spectacular. When my car was in the workshop due to an accident, i got a rental altis to drive, and the altis have a much higher fuel consumption. i drove quite slowly in the altis cause its not my car and the car is quite new somemore ! [sweatdrop]

i can rev alot on my car and still have a better fuel consumption compared to driving the altis with a featherlight foot. i drive a latio sport btw.

my 2 cents [flowerface]

Edited by Flameblade

Neutral Newbie

rental cars hv bad fc because everyone ramp it like mad.

humm.. people is saying nissan drinks more than toyota.

do you wear high heels to drive? try to be a little lighter on stepping.

FC is only a reference spec, it did not state how they did the test. It

certainly excluded how much other factors that affect the FC.

the rental car quite new only a few months old, so could not be that easily spoilt ba (toyota relability so lousy meh, dont think so ba) [sweatdrop] ,

somemore i also do ramp my car at times

my uncle also have an altis. and his fuel is not so good also. around 11km/l

previous sunny(A) also around 11km/l, my mom owns a sunny before and she gets around this figure.

about ur second part, it only hold true for the sunny series. now its certainly better(latio series).

my 2 cents [;)]

FC really depend on the driver and the driving style. I think you are quite heavy footed and also if you do alot of city driving, you'll get that kind of FC. During my 1st 1k, I achieve 13+km/l. Now i'm on synthetic (0W30) and achieving 15-16+km/l for highway and 13-14km+/l for city. I usually do smooth acceleration (rpm abt 2 - 2.2k) when I move off from stationary.

[jawdrop] that is good!

wah, 13+. that is even better than my old 1.3 car.

frankly, I am surprise also since my FC for my exvios also around 13+ to 14+.

Nowaday, 1/2 tank can clock up to 380+ km on ave. Good enough for me and especially I need to travel in heavily congested place such as Kallang region every day. guess probably, it is rite foot factor?

Neutral Newbie

I do alot of highway driving and i'm light footed. Now the petrol price up so need to conserve petrol as much as i can [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Fitzy
↡ Advertisement