Car vibrate when stationary

Passion

Hi guys,need advise.Driving honda Civic,the car vibrate and drop in RPM when stationary,is it the spark plug going to spoil?

↡ Advertisement

pop open bonnet and look. if the engine is vibrating badly.. then the mounting up lorry.

if the engine is ok but whole car vibrating, then mebbe throttle body dirty, or air filter too long neber change, air intake problem

but can be fuel filter dirty also or fuel pump gg to die soon (usually engine die a few time)

but can be aircon compressor gg up lorry (off it and see if still vibrating)

spark plug misfiring? possible have it pass the end of life?

yours is auto tranney ?

check the following items :

1) spark plugs

2) spark plugs coil

3) throttlebody

4) MAF sensor

5) air filter

i have the same rattlings when idling and engine died off twice when reversing. in the end found out is faulty spark plug coil.

am driving mazda 323 auto.

Yes.auto tranny.How much does the air filter and spark plugs coil cost?Btw,my engine did not die on me.Just at traffic light,the entire car will vibrate and the rpm drop a bit.I off the air con also the same problem.

Fueling issue would be my first bet. check the airflow meter and o2 sensor (more likely the latter). Also check your battery condition.

If not these 3 check what linus suggested.

Neutral Newbie
Hi guys,need advise.Driving honda Civic,the car vibrate and drop in RPM when stationary,is it the spark plug going to spoil?

How old is your car?

I believe your engine mounting is gone liao ....

yours is auto tranney ?

check the following items :

1) spark plugs

2) spark plugs coil

3) throttlebody

4) MAF sensor

5) air filter

i have the same rattlings when idling and engine died off twice when reversing. in the end found out is faulty spark plug coil.

am driving mazda 323 auto.

yes, I agree these are the few things to look out for ,including fuel pump. most likely just a simple replacement of ignition coil? Engine mounting not that likely considering car is still young...

Yes.auto tranny.How much does the air filter and spark plugs coil cost?Btw,my engine did not die on me.Just at traffic light,the entire car will vibrate and the rpm drop a bit.I off the air con also the same problem.
i'm not too sure about civic parts. maybe check with the stockist for the pricing.

for my 323, air filter is abt $17. 1 spark plug coil is abt $100.

i would suggest you go to your normal workshop and let them take a look.

are you using any after market air filter like K&N ? could be dirty throttlebody. just need to clean it using carb-cleaner. can DIY also.

↡ Advertisement