Factory fitted Head Unit

Micb

hi all,

I'm seriously looking into adding a cd-changer for my factory fitted Rhapsody (double-din) head unit.

Not sure how to go about doing it, besides approaching AD, which will be very ex, I think.

Will XinZhong carry such items?

Alternatively, I notice a number of UK sites selling interface adaptor kit for other changer brands.

Any recommendations, appreciated ! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

I think other vw models that comes with factory HU have aftermarket cd changer added locally. So you should be able to do that at any ICE shop.

U can try to found normal brand double din player and use interface adaptor which is now very commonly seen.

But double din u standby 1k plus to do as the HU is around 500-1000 and the interface adpter is above $2-300

Hi all,

Many thanks for the feedback.

My Rhapsody double-din HU can only play CD, although it comes with some nice features too.

I'm trying to add in a cd-changer, but found the interface adaptor kit confusing. Most of europe sites have interface adaptor kit for other HU like Symphony etc.

As my ride comes with steering control, I just want to keep the Rhapsody, and get a cd-changer.

Will update all as well, if the overseas site response to my question.

Cheers.

Hi,

You will require the following items to complete your desired setup.

1. 6 CD Changer (AAP 035 001)

2. Connecting cable for CD Changer and radio (AZO 000 001)

(See page 7 of the pdf file in the following URL)

The tuner and CD player sections of the Rhapsody and Symphony are the same, according to the description in page 6 of the following document. The only difference: the Rhapsody is equipped with Digital Sound Processing capabiltiies. Hence I am of the opinion that you can use the interface adaptor kits designed for the Symphony radio.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDo...accessories.pdf

Neutral Newbie

I understand that the Alpine has a compatabile CD-changer unit that works with the 2-DIN unit in your Superb. This is what I know from the SE. You may want to call up your SE for more details.

By the way, with the original Skoda CD changer, where will it be fitted?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, need your advise. Recently got my sienta from Borneo. I will need to connect the iPod with The original head unit to view video.

It need one cable VTR which Borneo said they don't have. It is from Toyota. Not from them. Need to ask Toyota.

Anyone know where to get this VTR cable?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, need your advise. Recently got my sienta from Borneo. I will need to connect the iPod with The original head unit to view video.

It need one cable VTR which Borneo said they don't have. It is from Toyota. Not from them. Need to ask Toyota.

Anyone know where to get this VTR cable?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement