Service shop using Motul or Amsoil oil?

Hotsoup

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows which service shop uses Motul or Amsoil for oil change? Or do we purchase it on our own and change at the shop?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

motul at huat lee at eunos industrial (behind singapore post building)

or you can buy from trex101 (www.m x t r a d i n g s.com)

Edited by Rskeisuke

Motul is priced at about $25 per litre

Amsoil is abt $15 per litre.

which means if u use Motul you will be paying $40

more than if you use Amsoil instead

well, i know that not wat u are really asking

it's the quality u are thinking of.

but if u read their sites and other retailer site, you will

find that both oil seems good enough for our daily car usage.

at least that's me lah

best you go read up for yourself and draw your decision from

there

cheers

Neutral Newbie

bro,

Tks. true. I m leaning more toward quality than $$$. It seems there is no signifiscant difference between these 2 and why not go for the cheaper 1. [sly]

Hi Hotsoup, just wanted to share with you guys that I bought my engine oil for just $35 for 4litre pack from a local part supplier in Toh Guan.. [thumbsup]

What brand? NTUC selling cxxxxxe 5w40 for $29.90 for 5 litre.. even cheaper..

but i stick to my Amsoil at $15 per bottle. $60 for 4 ottle close to 4litre.. but i dun change out at 10000km.. i change out at 12000-15000km.

i am using Amsoil ATM 10w30 for past 2 oil change. the 1st lasted me 12000+km.. the oil is still perfectly ok at that time. Itchy backside went to drain and top up with new oil.

its value for $ for my usage. too cheap i'm skeptical (like Car-lube), those too expensive ones (like Mobil1, Shell) i feel not worth the $$ as Amsoil works as well, if not beter

just that 10w30 is too thick for cold start for my liking. Every morning i have to warm up at least 3-4 minutes.. the 10w takes longer to reach operating temp. i will use 0w20 or 0w30 next oil change

Edited by Chucky2007

Neutral Newbie

i've been on amsoil (ASM -wt30) for a couple of weeks. changed from Mobil 1 (wt 30) which is already a good oil. My analysis:

Throttle - M1 actually feels happier to rev.

Smoothness - Amsoil is fantastically smoother (of course the oil is still new but after 1000 km, it's doing better as i speak).

Engine Note - Amsoil really makes for a quieter startup in the early mornings, which IMO is the most impt thing. Most of the wear happens during cold starts.

FC - remains the same at 17km/l.

Hope this helps.

Neutral Newbie

bro. can get M1 cheaper than ASM lar. but i agree. happy with the performance.

I also considered going down to wt 20 but a little worried as I like driving north. plus i don't like to take stops too often, so i thought a little less viscosity at temp. would be nice. dunno if the oil gurus will disagree with this.