BMW 3 series or Lexus IS250

Fivegear

Actually I initially like the IS250, but after sometime I realise their resale not very good compare to BMWs or Merc esp if you want to change in 3 yrs time. So... buy used BMWs. Why let the dealer rip you off with 50k?

definitely 523i, i m still a typical sporean, going for something more value for money, the facelifted 523i i feel the power quite sufficient and very smooth already. 5 series is one of my fav car, the more i look at it, the nicer it is, put on those M5 rims, damn nice. actually 325i is also not a hardcore sports car, if really want power value for money, go for golf gti. or get 1.8t , upgrade to stage 2 or even stage 3 can blow away 325i too but its cvt and not rear wheel.

325i of coz not hardcore sports car.... but it sure can give hardcore sports car a run for their money...Power/Handling/Comfort all good...only the price... [:(]

Hi,

If you ever get to choose between these 2 cars based on current design which will you pick? Both are quite near in terms of pricings.

Hi FiveGear,

I'm actually looking at the IS250 too.

From me, i feel that i cannot accept the BMW interior and the speedometers... really horrible. The lexus interior is so much better compared to the BMW and even the C class.

Performance wise I'm not so interested because IMHO, if looking for performance, one won't even be looking at these models. (335, C350 or IS350 would be good).

Can I check with you what's the pricing you got recently?

Currently there's this promotion 1 year free servicing, free in car bluetooth and 1k for bodykit.

Are you getting these or more?

Jon

Take 323i lor...

price and power in b/w 320i and 325i... and you still got I6... hehe [laugh].

Although 323i power spec less than IS250 but both century sprint almost the same @ 8-half sec. [:)]

Alternatively, you can choose C230... also V6 with 204hp with 8-half sec but slightly more expensive.

Edited by Ncss

Neutral Newbie

Just a couple of points. The best times recorded by IS250 locally in stock form on a Gtech is 7.9 secs to 100km/h, so with the optimal launch technique the IS is not too bad for its weight. Its refinement is peerless in this class or indeed the class above (except for possibly the GS), both in town and above 200km/h. Handling is much better than most would believe, you just got to drive it on much more challenging roads at higher speeds to appreciate it. The fuel economy is great for its performance, avg 10km/l. I can sing praises for my Bimmer too, but I really prefer 6 pot bmw's, otherwise the experience is quite different. So as someone who drives both brands regularly I would say anyone who thinks one is better than the other has preferences that are hard to change. Servicing is another matter though..........BTW new C klasse is a winner too.