Pet Dog Licencsing .... Have you done it ?

Mica_blue

Neutral Newbie

I remember many years ago when I was still in secondary school, there was a day when someone knocked on my door (only me & my dog was at home)... He saw my dog, asked for any licensing, I replied yes as this dog belongs to my aunt whom stay in private estate but was overseas for days. He then told me to this dog is not approved by HDB & must be sent away asap.. He will come again & if my dog still here. He will bring her away for dono where... cannot remember. but I know my dog sure will [knife] if being bring away by them.

Days later, my sixth sense told me that man is coming back... It was so strong that I chose to believe & actions taken right away.. I on the radio loud till it covered my dog's barking.. I locked her up in my parent's room. True enough, less than a few minutes, that guy turned up... I opened only the window for him to check... Think he let go abit & went off after I told him the dog has been returned to my aunt. Luckily, my sixth sense saved my dog's life, otherwise, I will gone crazy cos I loved my dog so much... He din turned up since then...

To think back, somehow I know where this thing happened. Cos I applied a 'fake' license using my classmate's address. Did not renewed after that. Dono was it that someone complaint abt my big dog or they checked on my particulars (stupid me input all real identities other than the fake address).

Now, my beloved fifi has left me for over a year. She died in my car booth on the way to hospital... I missed her so much... [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry] She has given me lots of memories.. She is a very kind-hearted dog as she accept all kinds of animals that I wanna keep - cat / rabbit. She treated them like her friends. Looked after them as if her kids. Cried when my rabbit ran far away from home... Allow cat or me to lie against her stomach & [sleeping] ...

opps, sorry , out of this topic...

↡ Advertisement

I believe the man came bcos of a complaint.

I tell u a story of my female fren oso.

She works in a lab at LCK belonging to AVA. There are lots of stray dogs around that area. Each day, she'll buy lots of food for her stray frens without fail. I saw it with my own eyes. When she stopped her civic outside her lab, all dogs will emerge from dun noe where and come to her. She named one of them Jackie (he's the alpha amongst the pack).

Then there was this female vet that works in the AVA lab oso. She cannot tahun the sight of stray dogs loitering around the lab vicinity. So one day when my fren got to go for courses, my fren passed some money to her subordinates to buy food for her dogs during her absence. The vet took this opportunity to call my buddy, M*dh*v*n (Hd of AWCD) to send his men to round up the dogs.

The miracle is this. Jackie had nvr wanted to hop into my fren's car each time she invited. But strangely one day before the vet made her deadly call, he jumped into my female fren's civic and refused to come out. So my fren brought him back. Then of course the next day all the dogs were rounded up and sent to the pound.

And bcos my fren was on course for 2 days, some dogs were PTS at the AVA pound. When she came back and learnt about this, she called my buddy and told him to release the dogs which he did and she got them lodged at a boarding hse (Erricsson) at Pasir Ris and they stayed there ever since.

Jackie is still at her home and it is simply amazing cos he could smell death and made a narrow escape. It is just strange sometimes why pple have such low threshold towards these oredy homeless strays that doesn't cross their path cos most of the time they stayed in the bushes until my fren comes with the food.

I was at the pound b4 (located at 75 Pasir Panjang Rd). It is out of bound to visitors but my buddy brought me in. Saw the eyes of those dogs in there and tears immediately came down from my eyes. Yes...you're talking about an old man here who was once a hardcore soldier and later a cop against hardcore criminals but being an animal lover, I simply couldn't hold my tears.

It is true that they could smell death cos the bowl of food in front of them was never touched although they were famished. They just lie there and look at you with sorrowful eyes as if they knew the next dog to be PTS will be them [bigcry]

If only I could, I'll adopt all of them and place them at the boarding hse like wat my fren and I did to those remaining 2 dogs that escaped death. The boarding fees every month is a killer (cos of the number of dogs we rescued and sent there) and they oso need expensive medical attention quite frequently.

But I'm just me and I cannot save all of them...so sad each time I reminisced abt. how they look me in the eyes as if asking me to save them [shakehead] Sigh...

For those thinking of abandoning your dogs bcos of the so called enhanced fine and licensing fee, I'd say well, think again before you do it [nod]

Edited by Chickenfarm

think got someone complain about your dog..

i believe those memories will stay in your heart and she will find peace in another world if there is one.. [;)]

[nod] My little yorkie can tell when my CO and I was about to bring him to the vet [laugh] Think they can pick up the scent from us or something. He will hide underneath the bed and refuse to come out to put on the leash.

Then when in the car, his entire body will tremor all the way from starting point to the vet clinic [sweatdrop] Simply amazing [thumbsup]

This is the list of approved breeds for HDB flats:

(1) Affenpinscher.

(2) Australian Silky Terrier.

(3) Australian Terrier.

(4) Bichon Frise.

(5) Bohemian Terrier.

(6) Bolognese.

(7) Brussels Griffon (Griffon Bruxellois).

(8) Cairn Terrier.

(9) Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

(10) Chihuahua.

(11) Chinese Crested Dog.

(12) Chinese Imperial Chin.

(13) Chinese Temple Dog (Classic and Miniature).

(14) Coton de tulear.

(15) Dachshund (Light and Miniature).

(16) Dandie Dinmont Terrier.

(17) Griffon Belge.

(18) Jack Russell Terrier.

(19) Japanese Spaniel (Chin).

(20) Japanese Spitz.

(21) Lhasa Apso.

(22) Little Lion Dog.

(23) Maltese.

(24) Manchester Terrier.

(25) Miniature Pinscher.

(26) Miniature Schnauzer.

(27) Norfolk Terrier.

(28) Norwich Terrier.

(29) Papillon.

(30) Pekinese.

(31) Pomeranian.

(32) Poodle Toy.

(33) Pug.

(34) Schipperkee.

(35) Scottish Terrier.

(36) Sealyham Terrier.

(37) Shetland Sheepdog.

(38) Shih Tzu.

(39) Silky Terrier.

(40) Small Continental Spaniel.

(41) Small English Terrier.

(42) Small Spitz.

(43) Toy Fox Terrier.

(44) Toy Terrier.

(45) Volpino Italiano.

(46) West Highland Terrier.

(47) Wire-Haired Fox Terrier.

(48) Yorkshire Terrier.

Neutral Newbie

How much to board a dog a month? Just a ball park figure will do.

Perhaps we could each 'adopt' a dog instead of letting them die.

Bro...U da man [thumbsup]

The price is crazy...

They (those few vendors providing boarding facilities at Pasir Ris Farmway 2) have aircon and non-aircon boarding facilities. The charges for non-aircon per day is $15 including food (science diet) and walks (they have a small yard for dogs to roam about).

My fren and I started with 3 dogs but eventually one came down with Parvo virus and died. The other 2 also got infected but we managed to get them treated (a couple of thousand $). Now we have 5 (3 of which we rescued from hit and run car accident at LCK and got them treated as well). Boarding the dogs is not a problem but the medical fee is the one that kills bcos these boarding houses are not exactly angels either (if u know what I mean). So bcos of sanitary problems and close contacts, they tend to fall sick and if they need to go for surgery, the fees are usually in the thousands [nod] Thus, my CO oso chip in $$$ to help.

Whilst I was at the pound, I was looking at no less then 50 of them and counting. They just kept adding on until you start to wonder Singapore where got so many stray dogs [hur]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

what breed of dog do you have? I have Corgi which is not within the approved breed list but I wrote in to HDB and got a written approval within a couple of days

No bro...I downloaded it from Lawnet (a paid website).

As mentioned earlier, AVA is not bothered with what dog you keep in your flats. It is HDB that regulates the kind of breeds you keep. AVA only comes to you when there is a complaint of dog nuisance or dog bites. Then they will ascertain from the owner if the dog concerned is licensed. They'll fine the owner if the dog isn't licensed and when the dog is an unapproved breed for HDB flats, they will refer the case to HDB for followup action. Under HDB rules, you have to ask for approval if you keep more than 1 dog. The max number of dogs allowed in a flat is 3.

Anyway, the list was extracted from a subsidiary legislation of the HDB Act entitled: HDB(Animals) Rules.

AVA's Animals and Birds(Dog Licensing and Control) Rules (could be found on AVA website)only regulates licensing and control issues and they have a list of dogs that requires muzzle when in public place and those that were banned in Singapore like PitBull and Akita.

There isn't any exception for non-approved breeds (unless you write in to HDB for approval). If you do have a non-approved breed; my advice is COC number 7 [lipsrsealed] And be real nice to your neighbour so they won't play tell [nod] Shouldn't be a problem wan [nod]

Talking about this...if only HDB agrees to increase the size (more then 40cm from front paw to shoulder) of the dogs allowed at HDB flats, a lot of these strays will not need to die bcos most of these mongrels falls in the medium sized category. I mean, how many pple actually stays in landed or private property and how many of them will wanna adopt these strays rather than buying a cute looking pedigree from petshops [shakehead]

Sigh...

Edited by Chickenfarm

Bro...yours is a pedigree (and rather tamed) and the height isn't that "tall" although it was categorised as a medium size dog (which is probably the reason why it wasn't listed as approved breed - mostly small toy sized dogs). But if Bro Slowmo's dog is a mongrel, the chances of approval from HDB is almost zilt [shakehead]

Rejected not bcos they are mongrels but bcos they are allegedly "too huge" for HDB flats and the temperament for cross breeds are questionable (although I share a different view from them). But this is the reason HDB will give you lah [nod]

Edited by Chickenfarm

I noe of pple who keeps a basset hound (the Hush Puppy mascot) in flats but rejected by HDB when he wrote in bcos basset hound (although not very tall) is considered a large breed. Thereafter, he applied COC number 7 [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement