Wish from Borneo

Ben123

Neutral Newbie

Read in papers today BM is confirmed bringing in Wish by year end. Any idea is it the same current model or are we expecting a facelift model?

↡ Advertisement

If it's true, i hope that BM is bringing in those Made In Japan ones cos have heard from forums that they might be bringing in the Made In Thailand ones due to dunno what agreement [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

Kinda late for BM to sell the Wish when many are now opting for Honda Stream. They would have made more if they started selling it earlier. Dunno what's their marketing strategy?

Anyway, it's hip hip hurray for current Wish owners as parts are more easily available...

Does it also mark the end of the road for the dated Picnic?

---------------

Kinda late for BM to sell the Wish when many are now opting for Honda Stream. They would have made more if they started selling it earlier. Dunno what's their marketing strategy?

---------------

i do not think it their marketing strategy issue. it is more like the toyota does not want BM to import in.

Neutral Newbie

everytime oso like that one lah...BM always slow by about 3-5 yrs leh. u can tell from altis... after the whole Thailand and Malaysia considered it reached its mid life then they start selling... wah...some more make people really think that it is NEW...Omagawd! this time round is Wish...after all the PIs have gotten their slices of cake then they come in... [shakehead] .

Thats definitely the tom yam one if Thailand is making it... simple, its much economical to do that and thats the point why toyota set up their plant there in the first place...malaysia has been selling the 2.0l there some time ago liao, tom yam one.

Firstly, the Altis is simply a thai-assembled corolla G9. BM used to distribute the Japan made G9. However, when it was due for a facelift, the facelifted Altis was distributed instead of the Japanese G9 (this is due to some agreement that BM will distribute the Thai-assembled corolla instead). BM did not market the Altis as an all new model. It was still a G9 Corolla. But many thought it was a G10.

As for the Wish, BM will be importing it from Japan. Again, the decision to only start importing it now is not entirely made by BM, but Toyota Motor (Japan).

Neutral Newbie

Somehow I feel they have lost a lot of ground by not brining the WISH in and stick with the ultra old PINIC.

If there are no drastic (I mean it) improvement either in design, performance, or price, I doubt they can beat the PI.

[sly]

Neutral Newbie

Let's see what they can bring in. It has to be different, better or relatively cheap, else PI will still dominate this model.... [;)]

if its the thailand assembled one, i expect it to be the 2litre variant, with cvt, 4wheel disc brake

if japanese then probably (base model) the same as PI one, but higher options, integrated HU, steering audio control, that sort of thing