Servicing at MotoGuard Tampines

Limws1

Wat car was that?

180 spray plus replace bumper? Wow! Bumper reconded ones?

had bad experience with both motorgard n chip soon........

@ motorgrad gt a veri long hair service advisor........

damn cocky......went ther once 4 servicing....ask mi change tis change tat...Wow..

total bill cost mi abt $280!!!!!

damn shocked.... OEM air filter charged $38, oil filter charged $25, spark plug charged $72!!! kanna chop big time!!!!!!!! den dun accept nets......

chip soon spare parts are X.......last time met a accident along tampines SAFRA....so decided to drive into for quotation......quote mi replaced bumper + new coat of paint...

$315!!!!!!!! immediately walk away.....went 2 my mech in bedok industrial...new bumper + paint only 180!!!!!!

aft 2 bad incident.....i decided 2 ban tis 2 wkshop on my list!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very difficult to be a professional mech in Spore. One that try their very best to adv and provide planned maintenance by advising them the need to service and replace failing parts ( in US if you don't adv, the customers can fix you up if he or she meet and accident and if you adv and he or she don't aceept yr recommedations, it's best to put in writing and get the owner to sign.)

By advising , most of the sinkie car owners reckon that the mech is trying all out to chop carrot or BS to inflate the repair bills. I have witness many many times customers will just drive into the shop and ask for adv or req for troubleshooting, in the end drive off without even saying THANK YOU - as if the service is FOC ( treating the place like his or her grandfather shop) [laugh]

Happy CNY to all [thumbsup]

yeah true...Sg workshop mechanic wants to hv easy job comparing to MY. One incident for my previous car, I send for servicing everytime sure kena persuade change Air Filter. In MY, the mechanic will take out Air Filter to clean until buay Sai liao than recommend to change...That is the different in working attitude. [nod]

just my 2 cts....

went there for service cos my car 70k mileage liao...saw their flyer and thought price look attractive. send my car in the morning around 9am, told them to do the $90++ service package as advertised in their flyer, the guy like bochap like that...told me 11am can collect car.

I went tampines mall walk walk and have bkfast...around 10am, received call from them...told me they full check my car, say my tire botak liao must change...recommend me some "thunder" brand...cost me $300++ for 4 tires. I thought ok lah...tire don't play play...botak then change, ask them go ahead.

Then 20mins later call me again...this guy on the line started saying: "boss, your car we check again liao...very bad ah!! timing belt, water pump must change, your driveshaft also gone liao..must change if not wheel may fly out when you driving, shock absorber also gone liao, power steering fluid pump leaking...etc".

quoted me $1900++ to fix all these that he mentioned :o shocking man!!! I went there initially for normal service to expect pay $100++ end up kana quoted $1000++. I told him i not going ahead with the other repairs and want to stick to just tire change and normal service. He not happy, said: "boss, we tell you problem already ah, you don't want to do...if anything happen or breakdown...don't say we never check and advise you".

my car only ready to collect at 1pm...wasted my time. Went to collect my car and drove off after paying...along journey back to my office when turning a sharp turn...i noticed a klur klur klur sound from the front left wheel. Bloody pissed!!! i never have this problem b4 only after sending car for them to service then this thing happened. Think they don't know do what to my car to force me back to let them service. I blacklist this shop liao.

went there for service cos my car 70k mileage liao...saw their flyer and thought price look attractive. send my car in the morning around 9am, told them to do the $90++ service package as advertised in their flyer, the guy like bochap like that...told me 11am can collect car.

I went tampines mall walk walk and have bkfast...around 10am, received call from them...told me they full check my car, say my tire botak liao must change...recommend me some "thunder" brand...cost me $300++ for 4 tires. I thought ok lah...tire don't play play...botak then change, ask them go ahead.

Then 20mins later call me again...this guy on the line started saying: "boss, your car we check again liao...very bad ah!! timing belt, water pump must change, your driveshaft also gone liao..must change if not wheel may fly out when you driving, shock absorber also gone liao, power steering fluid pump leaking...etc".

quoted me $1900++ to fix all these that he mentioned :o shocking man!!! I went there initially for normal service to expect pay $100++ end up kana quoted $1000++. I told him i not going ahead with the other repairs and want to stick to just tire change and normal service. He not happy, said: "boss, we tell you problem already ah, you don't want to do...if anything happen or breakdown...don't say we never check and advise you".

my car only ready to collect at 1pm...wasted my time. Went to collect my car and drove off after paying...along journey back to my office when turning a sharp turn...i noticed a klur klur klur sound from the front left wheel. Bloody pissed!!! i never have this problem b4 only after sending car for them to service then this thing happened. Think they don't know do what to my car to force me back to let them service. I blacklist this shop liao.

Had this klonk klonk klnok sound on my ride before, went to one tyre service shop in petrol station at Upp Thomson Rd, did a rotation and balancing, then have sound after that when turning fully left. Thought it was drive shaft, didn't really bother me too much, then about 3 months later went to change new set of tyres, all sound totally gone. So if the person who fix your tyre isn't professional, you may think the drive shaft gone and spend unnecessary $$$.

Edited by Atonchia

U can try Chip Soon Auto [:)] I use their service for my previous 323, staff there are ok & they oso open on Sunday till 3pm, but thier price may not be cheap [;)]

Cheap only if workmanship is value for money. Not cheap if just take you for a ride

Neutral Newbie

I went there once. I didn't like it. I stand there and watch. They keep looking at me. I only intend to see because I was curious how the servicing is like. The IC also cocky one. I felt the price a bit high compared to the promo flyer I got. Always try to upsell me, say this and that must change.

Few weeks later, realized that one screw hole of my engine cover is spoilt. So my engine cover can only screw on 3 screws. Kena screwed up.

Now got phobia sending my car for servicing.

Motogard always have a full page ad [last page] in the AA Highway magazine.

This somehow give the false impression that Motogard is "recommended" place for car services/tyres.

Neutral Newbie

I went there once. I didn't like it. I stand there and watch. They keep looking at me. I only intend to see because I was curious how the servicing is like. The IC also cocky one. I felt the price a bit high compared to the promo flyer I got. Always try to upsell me, say this and that must change.

Few weeks later, realized that one screw hole of my engine cover is spoilt. So my engine cover can only screw on 3 screws. Kena screwed up.

Now got phobia sending my car for servicing.

[wave] You might as well go opposite ORIX Tampines. Servicing $70 only. Idemitsu 4L Fully Syn EO. Big workshop no worries. They treat customers like king.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Motogard has lousy service. Last month i went to them to fix up my car as it broke down completely.

THey quoted me $1000+ to change alternator, battery, starter motor, air con filter, belt, wiper. Being in a rush to use the car later in the day and I also had to leave the place as I had to attend a meeting, i agreed in the price. I came back in the evening to collect the car. EVerything seemed fine.

2 days later, the car broke down again. I was furious and called the long hair mechanic and said "this is unacceptable" I am paying for completely new parts and problems occur again. This time i was at the shop and he looked at the car and then asked his mechanic to go check it out.. after 3 hours waiting at the shop, my car was alive again. free of charge. But he gave me a ****-up look as thou as i owe him a million dollars.

Today, My car broke down again with newer symptoms i never seen in my entire life of driving this car. I will be heading down tomorrow to see whats wrong again. If all else fails, then I would have no choice.

I am now planning to go to CASE if tomorrows trip ends bad.

Edited by Sliber

(edited)

Yes, Tampines MOTOGARD sucks big time!! Especially the long hair mechanic ( first hand ), KNN like owe him a million like dat. Went for a servicing and screws all not tighten, job done half past six. Ask him anything like asking him for a million dollar. KNN, feel like give him a punch on his face......Anyway, I will not return to this workshop again! Lousy job, lousy customer service, EXPENSIVE!!!! [knife]

( If this Long hair mecanice not gonna change his attitude, Motogard will closed down soon )

Motogard has lousy service. Last month i went to them to fix up my car as it broke down completely.

THey quoted me $1000+ to change alternator, battery, starter motor, air con filter, belt, wiper. Being in a rush to use the car later in the day and I also had to leave the place as I had to attend a meeting, i agreed in the price. I came back in the evening to collect the car. EVerything seemed fine.

2 days later, the car broke down again. I was furious and called the long hair mechanic and said "this is unacceptable" I am paying for completely new parts and problems occur again. This time i was at the shop and he looked at the car and then asked his mechanic to go check it out.. after 3 hours waiting at the shop, my car was alive again. free of charge. But he gave me a ****-up look as thou as i owe him a million dollars.

Today, My car broke down again with newer symptoms i never seen in my entire life of driving this car.

I am now planning to go to CASE.

Edited by Shor

Neutral Newbie

So the WS is this bad huh ...... motoguard ?

My friend recommend me a few 1 at Ubi 1 at Tampines .....

planning to go for 80K servicing soon, I call them up and ask for price ...

tell them I do 80K service, do all standard check,

tell me change syn oil, change filter, change rubber gasket, change oil filter cost me 300 plus. the other tell me 250 to 300?

anyone can confirm ? seem like another carrot. haha. [knife]

Bro, we learn our lesson. Next time die die go back agent. Though it's Ex but a peace of mind. Motogard got a reputations anyhow tell customers, this fault that fault. Ppl who don't have basic car knowledge will be conned!!!! Or they will loosen some nuts and tell you this one spoil, that one spoil!!!

I also see their flyer before sending my car for service!!! F@rk up!!!

Why try to run down apprentics studying in ITE - give them break!! Those grease monkeys you may have come across are those who have no formal training and many are from across the causeway.

↡ Advertisement