VISA Credit cards with annual fees waiver?

Sgnick

Amex is the worst. I called to waive the fee. They say ok. Who knows few months later I used the card, found out they cancelled it instead. No more amex for me.

↡ Advertisement

Got a friend who used to work in Amex card department. He told me this, "If you need a fee waiver, Amex is not for you"...... [laugh]

Apparently business is quite good for them....

Hi,

kind of sick of calling the credit card company every year to ask for a waiver and threaten to cancel. Also, I can never charge enough $$$ to get the automatic waiver for the year.

Recently applied for ABN-AMRO which is free forever, but it's MASTER card.

Is there any credit card that is VISA and have many years or forever fees waiver?

just carry 2-3 cards will do.

Hi, how to log in and send message? I using Citibank

Do you have other account with them other than credit cards? I have a unit trust account with them, and ask my personal banker to waive my credit card annual fee for lifetime. [:)]

okay...

Another way but not sure if you can affort... If you become a Premier, Privilege or Treasures member of the bank, usually your cards related to the bank are waiver. [:)]

[nod][nod][nod]

it took me 4mths to cancel my card, and another 2 mths for their accts to realise that. by then i hv only the customer svc mgr(or HOD) yet to speak too... and my list is abt 7~8 pax long.

mice

Neutral Newbie

just use card a few times a year and their will waive annual fee

just call

lifetime free waiver sound good too but am curious how they have my contact when i have no transaction with them, so turn down their telemarketing

maybe can reconsider since free [:)]

i hv used them reg, but not enuf to get free waiver , as their "gifts" are not attractive enuf... not like OCBC( free 5000 pts if spend xx $) or UOB( 2x or 5x extra pts)....

so after 1 or 2 yrs of waiver, they also sian me too, so i just decided to cut the pain and make my wallet thinner [laugh][laugh][laugh]

mice

Twincharged

seems like the banks are starting to play hardball nowadays ....

my sis could not get a waiver for her SCB card so she will take this opportunity to cancel it.

at the same time, i also received an sms from DBS telling me my request for waiver is rejected ...

just called them and cancelled two cards !!

seems like the banks are starting to play hardball nowadays ....

my sis could not get a waiver for her SCB card so she will take this opportunity to cancel it.

at the same time, i also received an sms from DBS telling me my request for waiver is rejected ...

just called them and cancelled two cards !!

DBS reject waiver? This is new. They were one of the earliest to use phone options for waiver, and after 5 seconds of holding the line, you get a confirmation. And I have always managed to get a waiver without fail.

Don't want to waive? Just cancel the card, wait for 6 months and apply again when they have freebies. [laugh] Redeemed 2 luggage cases with HSBC recently, even though I cancelled all my HSBC cards about 2 years back.

• Praise 1

me and wife only use 2 cards. One Amex One Visa. Every year sure waive.

For those who have 15 cards, dun kpkb when cannot waive lah [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1