VISA Credit cards with annual fees waiver?

Sgnick

Turbocharged

Haha....i actually hold the DBS Ladies World Mastercard

Best airmiles card. 4 miles per dollar for online purchases. Others onli offer a paltry 1.2 miles per dollar

many high-end Bank cards, the perks system very good.

Peasant card is like 50% lesser

i played around with credit cards to get the best bang for points to exchange for free gift.

↡ Advertisement

Quite easy..

What I do.. typically to hit $600

About $100 restaurants

Groceries $200

Online.. can do mobile phone payment online. I consolidate for my family members $300.

Any shortfall such as if I don't eat restaurants that month, I'll prepay in advance to meet the number. There's a cap to each category though, so don't overpay.

What u mean by prepay in advance if u did not hit the $600 spending?

Turbocharged

What u mean by prepay in advance if u did not hit the $600 spending?

I think he meant : Singtel bill S$100.

Shortfall of S$150 (to hit S$600).

He will pay S$250 to Singtel

Turbocharged

I think he meant : Singtel bill S$100.

Shortfall of S$150 (to hit S$600).

He will pay S$250 to Singtel

Yes. That's what I meant.

My wife also do frequent online purchases such as Qoo10. I will buy vouchers in advance if necessary.

• Praise 2

How you get ladies card ah? You take so much Soya with all the phytoestrogens and develop boobs right? [laugh]

@radx you agree? :D

HSBC always does that, i.e. Charge me fee and then reverse it in same bill. But I come out positive in the end with the quarterly cashback.

Boob or no boob, it's business for DBS. Chop chop earn most air miles for online shopping. Who cares how u look?
  • Praise 1

Most cards can waive off the fee unless stated fee cant be waive or those high end card with alot gifts or bonus like ipad etc.

Just make sure you got spend on the card otherwise if no spend harder to claim fee waiver

Only crazy rich asian go pay annual fee :D

• Praise 2

Amex waived my fee for many years. Last year it decided that I'm a peasant after all and say no. Asked to cancel. They didn't. Charged me late for non payment of annual fee instead. Call them to KPKB n they say I should apply for their basic blue Amex KF card with dismal airmiles earning rate. F-them asked and finally got it cancelled. I'll stick to my Infinite cards from other banks instead.

• Praise 2

Boob or no boob, it's business for DBS. Chop chop earn most air miles for online shopping. Who cares how u look?

But how did you apply for it? The UOB lady's card thing ("the men don't get it") clearly states a requirement that one must be female.

For the record, I'm against this discriminatory crap.

Amex waived my fee for many years. Last year it decided that I'm a peasant after all and say no. Asked to cancel. They didn't. Charged me late for non payment of annual fee instead. Call them to KPKB n they say I should apply for their basic blue Amex KF card with dismal airmiles earning rate. F-them asked and finally got it cancelled. I'll stick to my Infinite cards from other banks instead.

Do Infinite cards waive annual fees?

But how did you apply for it? The UOB lady's card thing ("the men don't get it") clearly states a requirement that one must be female.

[sly]:grin:

Just log on your dbs internet banking and click to apply for the card. No gender questions asked.

Just log on your dbs internet banking and click to apply for the card. No gender questions asked.

Then really defeats the purpose and very sexist.

Just 2 days ago received sms from OCBC to waive my annual fees leh.

and i actually don't use the card much... wonder why they so good - as from what is shared here i tot sure won't waive one...

If they don't waive for you then you like thousands of customers will call to waive.

The cost of your and thousands of customers calling is

hire dozens of call centre staff maybe 24k per staff per year?

The cost of housing a call centre rent would be tens of thousands of dollars a month.

The cost of PABX and the recording machines. Capital cost plus Licencing of software agreement

and also maintenance cost.

The cost of electricity and aircon and tea, coffee, water for the staff.

Auto cancel will save them millions of dollars a year.

They are doing it not for you they are doing it to help themselves.

:D   

• Praise 1

I cancelled with them after 18 years for the same reason.

They cited low usage and I told them its not that I do not want to use their card. Some retailers just dont accept them. I see no point in paying for a card I hardly use. But if its a free card, I dont mind keeping it.

Even for cancellation, they messed up the badly by terminating my Giro before the last deduction and charged me late payment fees amongst other things.

Never Amex again.

Now my Citi card is getting a lot of usage ironically compliments of their competitor.

Haha....i actually hold the DBS Ladies World Mastercard

Best airmiles card. 4 miles per dollar for online purchases. Others onli offer a paltry 1.2 miles per dollar

Cool how did you convince them you are a lady?

I tell them my MCF nick is RadX. They straightaway say ah gua considered woman. Lol

Exactly
  • Praise 3

No need to be a lady, tat time I called up to enquire for my wife, then I also asked for myself. The CSO said I also can apply. So both of us applied and got $100 cash rebate each during the promo. [bounce2]

If they don't waive for you then you like thousands of customers will call to waive.

The cost of housing a call centre rent would be tens of thousands of dollars a month.

The cost of PABX and the recording machines. Capital cost plus Licencing of software agreement

Call centre is still a must mah, waiver request is one of the many services provided.

• Praise 1

No now all automated, you just want you to call, key in this and that to waive the annual fee. Hopefully, 10% don't do that, it is enough to cover more than their cost since the same machine does other functions haha

↡ Advertisement