VISA Credit cards with annual fees waiver?

Sgnick

Turbocharged

I only hold 3 cars..

1 x DBS card for petrol

1 x Citibank for personal spending

1 x ANZ for company spending

All 3 they waive without questioning

↡ Advertisement

I called SCB for waiver and they told me cannot. So I told them to cancel my card ( since I have too many anyway)

A few days later, they called me to tell me that they will now waive the charges. So be firm about it. :-)

But then it did not work for OCBC, so I cancelled it on the spot. And they didn't call back!

Turbocharged

I only use 1 card for petrol... the rest never use before..... so far, ask for waiver.... still gibe me leh.... [laugh]..... best is ANZ.... waive for life..... wanna cancel also paiseh.... [rolleyes]

Twincharged

So far all my credits cards they waive. Even those which I only use 1 or 2 times only they still waive leh. Infact some auto waive. My SCB one one of the guy called me up to say my annual fee is waived when I haven't even asked yet. Lol.

So far all my credits cards they waive. Even those which I only use 1 or 2 times only they still waive leh. Infact some auto waive. My SCB one one of the guy called me up to say my annual fee is waived when I haven't even asked yet. Lol.

These days just have to call the number on the card and there is an auto prompt on the phone press "xx " for fee waiver request or something like that, and then wallah! after 2-3 days you get an sms confirming the waiver and that also with credit cards which I use only once or twice a year when got some promo which is not even $50-$60

My fav card is citibank, always got cash rebates

Every year sure charge annual fees and need to request for waiver but always waived too

• Praise 2

I called SCB for waiver and they told me cannot. So I told them to cancel my card ( since I have too many anyway)

A few days later, they called me to tell me that they will now waive the charges. So be firm about it. :-)

But then it did not work for OCBC, so I cancelled it on the spot. And they didn't call back!

my experience with OCBC is the same, dun waive means dun waive ... so cancel lor ...

my experience with OCBC is the same, dun waive means dun waive ... so cancel lor ...

a friend recently cancelled his credit cards from this bank too. is this bank trying to play hardball? [mad] i thought it has been trying to attract and retain customers? [thumbsdown]

Twincharged

My fav card is citibank, always got cash rebates

Every year sure charge annual fees and need to request for waiver but always waived too

there was once when i called citi and they refused to waive ... but counter-offer me instead ... told me to pay up the $60? and then swipe the card once and then they will send me cold storage voucher for $60. I took it.

as for DBS, when i called up just now, they asked me if i will keep the a/c if they waive the fee for me ... but i just told them to cancel it since i don't even know where i put the card already ... i just hold on to my EverydayCard enough already.

auto-waiver was done by UOB.

me and wife only use 2 cards. One Amex One Visa. Every year sure waive.

For those who have 15 cards, dun kpkb when cannot waive lah [laugh]

actually no kpkb ... just saying so ... frankly i only apply for the cards when they have freebies ... after i get the freebie, i just keep the card and sometimes i dun even know where i put it !!

i only use those cards with corresponding privileges ...i.e, POSB Everyday for my petrol at SPC, NTUC Plus for my shopping at NTUC, Citi for Giant.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Amex is the worst. I called to waive the fee. They say ok. Who knows few months later I used the card, found out they cancelled it instead. No more amex for me.

I pay $500/year for Amex annual fee for their platinum card.

Yes, it's ex, but they also send me really fantastic restaurant discounts & vouchers, free upgrade of hotels, priority access to pubs, and their membership rewards are some of the best i've seen, Also free travel insurance when I pay my air ticket using Amex. Global concierge service as well if you need any kind of help when you travel.

I think Amex card is good if you fly a lot, otherwise, may not be worthwhile at 500 bucks a year for most people.

I pay $500/year for Amex annual fee for their platinum card.

Yes, it's ex, but they also send me really fantastic restaurant discounts & vouchers, free upgrade of hotels, priority access to pubs, and their membership rewards are some of the best i've seen, Also free travel insurance when I pay my air ticket using Amex. Global concierge service as well if you need any kind of help when you travel.

I think Amex card is good if you fly a lot, otherwise, may not be worthwhile at 500 bucks a year for most people.

Simply charge your entire airfare to your Citibank credit card and activate your complimentary travel insurance before you travel.

Complimentary travel insurance feature is available for the following cards:

https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_cards/travelins.htm

there was once when i called citi and they refused to waive ... but counter-offer me instead ... told me to pay up the $60? and then swipe the card once and then they will send me cold storage voucher for $60. I took it.

as for DBS, when i called up just now, they asked me if i will keep the a/c if they waive the fee for me ... but i just told them to cancel it since i don't even know where i put the card already ... i just hold on to my EverydayCard enough already.

auto-waiver was done by UOB.

actually no kpkb ... just saying so ... frankly i only apply for the cards when they have freebies ... after i get the freebie, i just keep the card and sometimes i dun even know where i put it !!

i only use those cards with corresponding privileges ...i.e, POSB Everyday for my petrol at SPC, NTUC Plus for my shopping at NTUC, Citi for Giant.

I also have a dbs card, not much perks i find

The ntuc card for ntuc shopping is great

Posb everyday card is also very good for spc petrol and cash rebate is so far good too

Amex is very average, i find not so worth it to pay the fee even when i charge my travel expenses to it

In sg, it is more beneficial to use diff cards since they have tied up with certain merchants

You enjoy life time annual fee waiver for OCBC FRANK CARD.

CITI Premiermiles card has a annual fee of $192, they will waived the annual fee upon your request, but the 10000 miles awarded will be taken back if you chose for waiver of fee. This is the only card I never asked for waiver of annual fee. Reason being this 10000 miles can be converted to 10000 Krisflyer miles, and no way you can get 10000 krisflyer miles from SIA @ $192.00.

Many years ago, I paid a one time fee of about $400 to SCB for a lifetime visa plat credit card with 3 sup cards. Have not used the card for many years also. My only other card is ntuc visa plus with no annual fee.

For OCBC, if you cannot get them to waive, it means you never spend enough.

OCBC has a system where if you spend a certain amount in the year, they will send letter to tell you the card fee is waived for the year. If you spend enough to make them think you are an ok customer, then they will send you a letter to inform you that your card fee is waived for life time.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

UOB rejected my waiver request too, but after nego, ask me to cancel one and waived remaining one.

• Praise 1

some banks will auto-cancel if you never use the card for a period of time. They will send you a letter stating if you don't perform a transaction 1 month from now, the card will be cancelled. Purpose is to house keeping internally, at the same time can "motivate" some customers to use the card.

Many years ago, I paid a one time fee of about $400 to SCB for a lifetime visa plat credit card with 3 sup cards. Have not used the card for many years also. My only other card is ntuc visa plus with no annual fee.

Same. Me also lifetime member for my SCB card. Only use the card when travelling.

some banks will auto-cancel if you never use the card for a period of time. They will send you a letter stating if you don't perform a transaction 1 month from now, the card will be cancelled. Purpose is to house keeping internally, at the same time can "motivate" some customers to use the card.

Ya. Citibank auto cancel one of my CC and Ready credit. Cos never even activated the CC and Nets card that they sent me. [laugh]

My Safra DBS card and SP UOB card also inactive for many many many many years liao. But these two banks never auto cancel it.

↡ Advertisement