VISA Credit cards with annual fees waiver?

Sgnick

You enjoy life time annual fee waiver for OCBC FRANK CARD.

CITI Premiermiles card has a annual fee of $192, they will waived the annual fee upon your request, but the 10000 miles awarded will be taken back if you chose for waiver of fee. This is the only card I never asked for waiver of annual fee. Reason being this 10000 miles can be converted to 10000 Krisflyer miles, and no way you can get 10000 krisflyer miles from SIA @ $192.00.

10000 KF miles not enuf to even redeem a return ticket to KL. Buy cheaper.

↡ Advertisement

some banks will auto-cancel if you never use the card for a period of time. They will send you a letter stating if you don't perform a transaction 1 month from now, the card will be cancelled. Purpose is to house keeping internally, at the same time can "motivate" some customers to use the card.

some time ago... dbs offered interest free loan on dormant cashline acc...

(zero processing fee.... )

I thought just make automated phone call can waiver cc fee? I'm only using uob.

I do that every time. And almost immediately the automated voice call will say,"your fee waiver has been approved". Dun even have to talk to the operator. LoL...press number only for menu selection.

Hypersonic

OCBC internet banking got secured email to their CS. Just email to them to request can already. No need to even call to press number or talk to anyone.

10000 KF miles not enuf to even redeem a return ticket to KL. Buy cheaper.

Miles dont use to redeem economy mate... use it for biz class... or even suites

below is a chart.... hk to sg 1way first class suites is 30+k miles nia... its an experience i think everyone shld try... if you dont convert citibank miles points to KF... it will never expire... so can slowly let it add up lor

http://thetravelsisters.com/singapore-airlines-suites-a380-first-class-awards-how-to-book-with-krisflyer-miles/

• Praise 1

OCBC internet banking got secured email to their CS. Just email to them to request can already. No need to even call to press number or talk to anyone.

But email you have to type at least a sentence to request for waiver. LoL...

I'm usually on the move I find calling easier. The approval is instant. No need to check mail.

Hypersonic

But email you have to type at least a sentence to request for waiver. LoL...

I'm usually on the move I find calling easier. The approval is instant. No need to check mail.

I just find calling a bit troublesome. Need to listen to the automated voice and wait then key in IC number, card number, etc... Lol...

I just find calling a bit troublesome. Need to listen to the automated voice and wait then key in IC number, card number, etc... Lol...

Most trouble free will be no membership fee. No need to even bother. Knn these banks....use their card still got to pay them.

Hypersonic

Most trouble free will be no membership fee. No need to even bother. Knn these banks....use their card still got to pay them.

That's the irony. Cards should be free. What's the point of people calling in to ask for waiver every year membership is up? <_<

Not quite, in some countries you must pay to use card, use cheque, use bank account, everything must pay. Here, either there's more competition or banks are more creative in generating revenue from the merchants through credit, advertising and promotions, so consumers benefit in the end. If you don't spend on their promotions, they also very hard to make money.

Other country use ATM also muz pay.. then ATM got closing time also

Edited by Mockngbrd

The ah longs.... I mean local banks not doing well so Hv to resort to these and collect revenue?

Their loss as I noticed the offshore banks like hsbc, citi, waiver without question...

Let's see who wins in end. Scb definitely losing big time

Turbocharged

below is a chart.... hk to sg 1way first class suites is 30+k miles nia... its an experience i think everyone shld try... if you dont convert citibank miles points to KF... it will never expire... so can slowly let it add up lor

http://thetravelsisters.com/singapore-airlines-suites-a380-first-class-awards-how-to-book-with-krisflyer-miles/

Yeah.. redeeming miles on economy sibei bo hua..

If you buy full fare, Biz is 2-4 times more than Econ price.. But when it comes to redemption, Biz is only 2x miesl of Econ.. Taxes and Surcharge almost the same.

I redeem SQ Business to Taiwan for 2 pax last year.. Total 90k miles for return, plus another $800 in taxes and surcharge.

Good idea. But I oredi find my biz class travel w lie flat beds on SQ pretty comfy liao. But gotta try the first class suites one day.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

OCBC rejected my "ANAL" fee

Only use few hundreds per year on the Robinson card

Going to cut the card into half and drop inside the cheque deposit box.

don't want to waste my time calling them

Edited by Mcf777

nowadays whichever bank so anal about the fee, pls ban to use them

most just call hotline, follow through the tel machine,e and will waive it in next billing.

↡ Advertisement