Toyota Allion

Stepper

Neutral Newbie

Ya... cos it only my first tank. can reach 400km at half tank. Will use the more accurate method for the next few tanks when i refill.

[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi there,

how much you get your Allion? can PM me your PI?

I am thinking to get this car pretty soon. going down for test drive with my wife next few days smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

hua yang.. commonwealth lane.

just tested this afternoon. not with my wife tough. I went with my colleage & he is about 100kg.

overall it's much better than axio in term of size and in/exterior design. for 1.5l car, i think the pick up rate is still acceptable. Not as good as what I expected but probably because I am driving a 2.5l mondeo.

FC wise, the sales agent claim that can hit 14km/L as one of the customer already claimed that.

FC wise i think it's believable as many users have returned ard 14-16km/l.

however it's the CVT gearbox that i'm worried about here. heard that it can be very expensive to maintain and repair.

Neutral Newbie

it's a good car.definately better than the 208 altis.Everything is the high-end technology.but a bit overpriced for a 1.5L machine.

you want good pick up, then you shld choose the 1.8l... not bad, I test drove before... as good as my current MarkX.

BTW, I am driving Allion 1.5. Good FC. My average FC is around 15.5km/l... although my on board meter computed 16km/l.

Another thing abt Allion is that the looks grow into you.... personally I think it looks better than markX, altis 2008, camry, premio or axio. Esp that rear wiper...

post-2-1217057659_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

I went down to check out the Allion last weekend and I must say I was very impressed by the exterior and interior. What attracted me most was the backseat recliner. You could lower the back rest to get a more comfortable ride, as a passenger. Space-wise, I must say it has more legroom than the Civic FD (Believe me, I have visited KM more than 10 times to check out the FD [;)]).

I particularly like the following:

- Gated gear shift

- Keyless entry

- Reclining Backseat

- Foldable backseat (FD's seat are fixed)

- lotsa legroom for back row.

I am not too sure about the following though:

- 1.5L CVTi engine (enuff pulling power?) BTW, I am driving G9 Corolla

- Rear Drum brakes and not disc

- Lack of step-tronic gears due to CVT trans (I wonder how I can do engine braking when coming down Genting??)

- No factory-fitted foglamp

- Don't really fancy the wood panelling

Price quoted to me was $66,988 with free Leather seat, 14" rims, solar film (non V-Kool), Reverse camera, 2-DIN DVD player, 4-bid guaranteed COE. Interest at 2.5%, Price w/out rebate.

I think this card overall is very good!

To me the most noticeable disappointment is the rear drum break. Even the 1.8L also using rear drum break.. [thumbsdown]

Saw this car at IMM yesterday road show, very impressive design....However for a 1.5L at 67K feels bit pricy, expect it at most at 08 Altis price [cool]

I have not really notice if Civic FD legroom is smaller than Allion's. But on paper both of them have 2700mm wheelbase.

The backseat recliner sure is good. I had carried few large items from IKEA before with Allion.

Another thing, when you are in Allion, sure got many people wanted to look at your ride... whether in carparks or on road. For Civic... too many on road, like altis and sunny.

I went down to check out the Allion last weekend and I must say I was very impressed by the exterior and interior. What attracted me most was the backseat recliner. You could lower the back rest to get a more comfortable ride, as a passenger. Space-wise, I must say it has more legroom than the Civic FD (Believe me, I have visited KM more than 10 times to check out the FD [;)]).

I particularly like the following:

- Gated gear shift

- Keyless entry

- Reclining Backseat

- Foldable backseat (FD's seat are fixed)

- lotsa legroom for back row.

I am not too sure about the following though:

- 1.5L CVTi engine (enuff pulling power?) BTW, I am driving G9 Corolla

- Rear Drum brakes and not disc

- Lack of step-tronic gears due to CVT trans (I wonder how I can do engine braking when coming down Genting??)

- No factory-fitted foglamp

- Don't really fancy the wood panelling

Price quoted to me was $66,988 with free Leather seat, 14" rims, solar film (non V-Kool), Reverse camera, 2-DIN DVD player, 4-bid guaranteed COE. Interest at 2.5%, Price w/out rebate.

I believe for family sedan, drum or disc does not really matter. Sylphy 2.0 also using drums. Since toyota and nissan are using drums for these cars, do not really think braking is an issue.

Cos I also cannot feel any issue in braking between my MarkX (disc rear) and Allion (drum rear).

If you want disc rear for allion, take the 2.0l one.

I think this card overall is very good!

To me the most noticeable disappointment is the rear drum break. Even the 1.8L also using rear drum break.. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement