Your Choice : Margarine or Butter...................

Picnic06-Biante15

life is getting so complicated ...

last time the pioneers just ate butter or margarine -whichever they can get their hands on and lived happily till ....well, a ripe old age.

but today, ppl are debating what is inside butter and margarine ... rather than just how it tastes.

Alamak ! last time PG all work physically hard and toil in sun - nowadays everthing is like remote control one ... like now we got strawberry gen.... that time is all durian gen Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement

Personally I just prefer cream cheese for a spread. It's processed but at least its mostly milk solids.

I would get the full fat one but somehow the light one always have the longer expiry dates. I think the light ones move faster off the shelves

Butter bit gelat. I only use it for baking.

I don't eat margarine for many years liao. But I know it's in most chicken rice. But close one eye haha cos it's yummy.

Nowadays I eat cream cheese with bread like 60 percent of breakfasts...

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

life is getting so complicated ...

last time the pioneers just ate butter or margarine -whichever they can get their hands on and lived happily till ....well, a ripe old age.

but today, ppl are debating what is inside butter and margarine ... rather than just how it tastes.

Life indeed getting more and more complicated and stressful. Nowadays when eat something always must think if i eat this food, will i get health issue in longterm? People now find eating butter might contribute to high cholesterol? 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Butter is natural, it's safer.

Margarine is tweaked by humans with the addition of hydrogen atom to produce something new and more palatable for the market.

Now we know trans fat is bad.

If you read any hydrogenated label on the box, better avoid.

• Praise 1

Common sense will tell us butter is 100 times better and safer than what rubbish margarine. Butter is like cheese, it's just milk.

If u read the ingredients on the butter packaging, it's simply just milk solids and salt. Nothing chemical or hydrogenated rubbish.

Common sense will tell us butter is 100 times better and safer than what rubbish margarine. Butter is like cheese, it's just milk.

If u read the ingredients on the butter packaging, it's simply just milk solids and salt. Nothing chemical or hydrogenated rubbish.

Butter not fattening or might be bad for health?

Be careful when buying butter. Some margarines are packed as blocks looking like butter, labelled as butterxxxxxxx, but are actually simulated butter.

Edited by Kangadrool

Butter not fattening or might be bad for health?

Oh please. Eat in moderation. Butter is the lesser evil between butter and margarine.

I rather eat natural food with higher fat than chemical processed food

Be careful when buying butter. Some margarines are packed as blocks looking like butter, labelled as butterxxxxxxx, but are actually simulated butter.

Won't go wrong with SCS or anchor brand. Ate them since toddler

Unsalted one is for baking purpose.... you would not want a salted cream cake or black forest cake with salt taste

I've gone back to good ol' butter more than 5 years back when someone told me that even if you put ants in butter as compared to margarine they too will ignore the margarine and go for butter. Ant brain truth prevails 

Same with sugar..... i dont take those saccharin, equal or God knows what new names always keep on coming even if it says zero calories crap;   

Oh. I didnt know that. But I saw and tasted it at the hotel's breakfast buffet, the unsalted butter.

Also I dont eat any cake/cookies/biscuits/cup cakes/brownies. So not sure of the baking process.

I eat butter only when I go for breakfast at the hotel when overseas. So I am only eating butter like twice or thrice a year only. I dont take any breakfast, just a cup of ice cold water or milo peng. Only eat breakfast if I have to take medication.

• Praise 1

There's two brands in ntuc I think. Cowhead? And another one.

Anyway u will know cos they are only 1/2 or 2/3 the price of actual butter.

Butter usually got discount. I rather eat emborg than scs or anchor. Even president is not very expensive when on promo.

Scs is overpriced for Australian butter. But it's like marigold milk. Locally trusted brand.

Anchor is from Nz but it has a very strong oily taste. The European butter is more smooth tasting.

Edited by Lala81

There's two brands in ntuc I think. Cowhead? And another one.

Anyway u will know cos they are only 1/2 or 2/3 the price of actual butter.

Butter usually got discount. I rather eat emborg than scs or anchor. Even president is not very expensive when on promo.

Scs is overpriced for Australian butter. But it's like marigold milk. Locally trusted brand.

Anchor is from Nz but it has a very strong oily taste. The European butter is more smooth tasting.

France butter taste the best.

Oh. I didnt know that. But I saw and tasted it at the hotel's breakfast buffet, the unsalted butter.

Also I dont eat any cake/cookies/biscuits/cup cakes/brownies. So not sure of the baking process.

I eat butter only when I go for breakfast at the hotel when overseas. So I am only eating butter like twice or thrice a year only. I dont take any breakfast, just a cup of ice cold water or milo peng. Only eat breakfast if I have to take medication.

Wow!! I take butter almost everyday without fail;

and when I am overseas I take double the amount of butter & put on croissants/buns  or anything almost....... fully guilty     

France butter taste the best.

I haven't tried President but I haven't baked anything for a while. So last promotion was emborg. Two of them can last me half a year lol.

My gf prefer me to use butter when I am exploring her fartbox. easier to clean off than margarine

lolx  [bounce2]

• Praise 2

My gf prefer me to use butter when I am exploring her fartbox. easier to clean off than margarine

This one is a new Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1