• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
96 replies to this topic | 42 praises

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ownself update ownself.

Problem solved for 30 dollars at this shop in Sin Min called MAN exhaust. It was a ten minutes welding job which was undertaken without any welding helmet/glasses or gloves....

MAN is the MAN and his shop is run by real MEN who don't trouble themselves with trifles like personal protective equipment. :D

Seriously, Ah Man is good, or at least used to be, about a decade ago, when I went to him to decat my WRX. (Er, I dunno what the statute of limitations is on that, so I'll just say "hypothetically" decat my WRX [laugh]). Quick and cheap job. Aesthetically, not as clean as what some other shops like Jeep Chee might do, but what does it matter when it can't be seen. Oh, and if you think the LTA can't spot (or will ignore) a "clean" weld, think again. They know what to look for.

Edited by Turboflat4, 16 April 2016 - 08:20 AM.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

Blackdeath
  • Blackdeath
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I recommend MAN exhaust also. One of my friends told me that he did his exhaust pipe to straight through and passed the inspection. They actually remove the top portion of the exhaust where the inspection guys were unable to detect. The price was reasonable. You can also go Fong Kim if  you work around Ubi area as they are also quite good with exhaust systems.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

MAN is the MAN and his shop is run by real MEN who don't trouble themselves with trifles like personal protective equipment. :D

Seriously, Ah Man is good, or at least used to be, about a decade ago, when I went to him to decat my WRX. (Er, I dunno what the statute of limitations is on that, so I'll just say "hypothetically" decat my WRX [laugh]). Quick and cheap job. Aesthetically, not as clean as what some other shops like Jeep Chee might do, but what does it matter when it can't be seen. Oh, and if you think the LTA can't spot (or will ignore) a "clean" weld, think again. They know what to look for.

Didn't want to dig thru the statutes and obviously Rajah & Tann isn't the gospel but here it is:

In Singapore, there is no enforcement-limitation period for criminal offences, unlike the limitation period governed by the Limitation Act that civil cases are subject to. However, the Court may take into consideration the delayed or protracted prosecution and/or enforcement as a factor in deciding the case.

http://rajahtann.com...2_Singapore.pdf

That is all.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

fredtroy
  • fredtroy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

JC is my choice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

ecneret_eel
  • Premium member
    ecneret_eel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

any updates on prices and service standards?

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

vaglover
  • Premium member
    vaglover
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I've tried Race Tech, Fong Kim and Skyrex. So far, I find Skyrex's the best in terms of 'weldmanship'. Man in white bend down sure won't notice a thing.

Address: No. 13, Kaki Bukit Road 4, #03-19, Bartley Biz Centre, 417807, 417807

Phone: 9082 9127

kobayashiGT, Discoburg, JX83 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:47 PM

ecneret_eel
  • Premium member
    ecneret_eel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

did mine today @ fong kim with Raymond.

overall nice guy, didn't observe the welding process as I had work of my own to do and was upstairs.

overall I feel he was nice and genuine so kudos.

one question, won't void warranty with Tan Chong right? lol
Freeder praised this

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What did you do at FK? Weld an exhaust tip or modified the muffler?

did mine today @ fong kim with Raymond.

overall nice guy, didn't observe the welding process as I had work of my own to do and was upstairs.

overall I feel he was nice and genuine so kudos.

one question, won't void warranty with Tan Chong right? lol

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

ecneret_eel
  • Premium member
    ecneret_eel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

What did you do at FK? Weld an exhaust tip or modified the muffler?

i welded an exhaust tip..

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That depend on which tip you choose.

ecneret_eel price?

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

aranor
  • aranor
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hey guys, i keep hearing my friends telling me to go "operate" on my exhaust and say those good workshops will make it untraceable..

besides increasing the sound level, would it increase any kind of performance? 

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hey guys, i keep hearing my friends telling me to go "operate" on my exhaust and say those good workshops will make it untraceable..

besides increasing the sound level, would it increase any kind of performance?

Better don’t operate now with the new inspection standard as operated exhaust most likely cannot pass exhaust emission test
Discoburg and Othello praised this
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

aranor
  • aranor
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Better don’t operate now with the new inspection standard as operated exhaust most likely cannot pass exhaust emission test

yes boss

i also dont want my car to sound ah beng hahaha

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Better donât operate now with the new inspection standard as operated exhaust most likely cannot pass exhaust emission test

Yeah. Better to get a semiflow and bolt on. Keep the original for inspection

Best get LTA approved. Some 2nd hand ones prices quite low

Edited by Othello, 09 April 2018 - 02:43 PM.

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

aranor
  • aranor
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yeah. Better to get a semiflow and bolt on. Keep the original for inspection

Best get LTA approved. Some 2nd hand ones prices quite low

got lobang for 07 GS300?

I cannot find leh

Discoburg praised this

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

vaglover
  • Premium member
    vaglover
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

From my humble experience, Skyrex is the best.

1 Anonymous member praised this
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

HenryMagma
  • HenryMagma
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

operating exhaust is a basic job for exhaust shops.
so i believe all the shops can give a decent job.
i suppose your main concern should be pricing.
i heard Man exhaust is one of the cheapest in town.

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Jeep Chee Trading Pte Ltd

Jeep Chee Trading Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Stitch  |  Neutral Newbie

Thanks Eric and teams for the great experience! Went there to do my Mercedes Benz E200 exhaust system due do always got problem. cannot find anyone to solve the problem. only Eric teams can solve thanks what a great job. Thanks Eric. Keep it up your working attitude and good service. Recommend to all out there. » Read More

Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd

Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by RsKathi  |  Neutral Newbie

Went there for a ECU upgrade only to find out that it does not fit non turbo cars. Since the exhaust was sounding bad, asked them to look into it and the tech attending was very good and recommended that the air intake is upgraded since the ECU did not pan out. Very happy with Simota and the exhaust note. Excellent job. Will recommend. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd, Jeep Chee Trading Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: exhaust , welding , jeep , chee , fong

Tags: exhaust, welding, jeep, chee and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users