Pedra Branca @ stake

Apollo

Neutral Newbie

The island is ours, Its Singapore's land, no one should dispute over it. The meerlaaysians just like to snatch things from us, I think the island will be in better hands under Singapore's charge

Turbocharged

The island has a lighthouse that is managed by Singapore since british pass it to us. It's "strategically located" cos it controls the ships coming down from china/east to enter either the right route or left route... The island could steer ships away from our habour into JB's habour.

Malaysia had all this thought out, you think the change or causeway bridge and the accusation of tekong's pollution is all coincidence?

Strategically the island is more important to us than Malaysia. Malaysia still got many ports along the pennisular to support herself...losing it only means less $$. But we only got 1 Keppel port...if we loose it, ho say liao. The main aim for the malaysia's dispute (thanks to their ex-pm) is to make Singapore's economy suffer...it's only make a statement to Singapore Gov during the reign of M.

We cannot loose this island, loosing it may affect our livelihood and our economy.

Edited by Pocus

haha no offence..

An analogy given is as such:- imagine this. You have a compound house with a garden. You have lived there all your life. Your parents have lived there all their lives. Your grandparents had lived there all their lives. Nobody has ever challenged your ownership or your forefathers' ownership of that property. You have lived peacefully there. Then suddenly one of the neighbours says: "Hey, your house belongs to me." And he says he has found some ancient document in his attic and this house belongs to him. You maintain your legal rights of course, and he says he is going to go to court. You said, well, instead of coming to blows, just go ahead. Take legal action.

You get up one morning, and lo and behold, you find your neighbour climbing the fence, wanting to pitch a tent in your garden, and saying, "Look, since now I am challenging it, there is a dispute, I am entitled to pitch a tent and help you safeguard your property." You will of course say no, isn''t it?

So, we have to maintain observance of international law and observance of international law is that the status quo has to be maintained and the status quo is that Singapore has always been in sovereignty, control and ownership of the territory and of the waters, and that continues to be the case, and will continue to be the case, until and unless the International Court were to rule otherwise.Since we have both as sovereign states agree to take this to ICJ and agrees to abide by whichever ruling. Its our soil bros/sis

this is a good example of Taiwan vs Cheena....

they move over to the island... have their own president election, own parliment... why some "almighty" ppl up here in this tiny dot of the world like to comment abt other's way of ruling their own place..

to many ppl, Taiwan is already a country by itself.... it is a country to me....

how come the indonesia never come and claim also?

oh.... they got better things to do there...

they like to pull Singapore registered fishing boats to their territory n ask u to look at horsburg lighthouse n then tell u that u have cross over to indon waters n will be detaining u at Jakarta + fine + Jail term... unless u wanna "buy an entry permit" from them.