Steel braided hose

Hamburger

wat car? best u dun change if u not sure or do not get those customized one.

normal hose r very resilient and these hoses r not cheap. spent it on better tires instead.

Turbocharged

i got steel hoses in my ride.

one observation, i am not sure if its due to this or not:

normal stepping on brake, it felt normal.

when car is stationary, if i pump the brake pedal (like step/release a few times), the pedal becomes harder and harder.

is this normal?

definitely normal.By doing tat,u r pressurzing the whole system n thus it bcomes hard.Tats e purpose of fitting steel b hose,cos u need every lbs of pressure in an e brake [thumbsup]

definitely normal.By doing tat,u r pressurzing the whole system n thus it bcomes hard.Tats e purpose of fitting steel b hose,cos u need every lbs of pressure in an e brake

That is utter nonsense.

The brake system is not "pressurised" progressively with every pump of the pedal. One stroke is enough is pressurise the system to achieve the desired result.

The brake pedal feel becomes "harder" because of the opposite - there is no more servo assist left and the brake pedal force becomes closer and closer to that which is actually required to achieve the actual braking result.

This is due to engine at idle rpm - there maybe a drop of vacuum ( negative pressure in the brake booster. So with less vaucumm to assist, you just need more leg power

If the pressure drop - the pedal beomes spoogy, chance there are air bubles in the brake system. Get yr mech to vacuum out the air or do a pressurised brake bleeding.

PS check master brake cylinder revervior brake fluid level - if too low chance of air getting into the system is very likely

Edited by Yeobh

thanks for the correction.but maybe u shld do it in a more courteous way.We at times may give wrong opinion,but telling ppl tat they r uttering rubbish is [thumbsdown] .

From the way you react to how you are exposed when you talk rubbish, I have this to say.

You don't like being referred to as speaking "utter nonsense"? Is it not a fact that far from building up more pressure in the brake system, you actually reduce the braking effectiveness available, when you pump the brakes when the car is stationary / engine is not running? Is saying something which is the complete opposite of the truth, not "utter nonsense"?

What you said cannot be more wrong. It is the complete opposite of building up brake pressure. It actually depletes brake pressure with each stroke of the brake pedal.

Picture the following dangerous scenario if someone were to believe your utter nonsense. He is driving down Mount Faber, with a car load of friends. His engine stalls for some reason. But he continues to coast along and rolls down the road, pumping away on his brakes, because of you, he thinks that he is building up pressure in the braking system. Eventually he cannot slow down enough for a sharp bend. He veers off the road and rolls the car over and over. He kills his friends. He survives. All because he thinks he has enough braking power available. Because of YOU.

So do you still think that spreading wrong information is harmless?

I don't care about your own version of how you think brakes work. That does not change how they actually work. I don't care if you learn something, or nothing, about brakes.

But if I can help others NOT form any misconceptions about braking systems, then I should. That extends to not mincing my words when others talk utter nonsense.

It is good that you point out the mistake, base on my observations, I reckon 70% of adv given on troubleshooting or car annual inspections in this forum are generally bad or technically not correct ( many just parrot what they have heard from friends).Some suggestions can easily land one into deep trouble with the law or end up in the hospital and having the insurane company refusing to make good the damaged car.

I generally ignore all those nonsense as I believe it's is best be policed by the moderators.

↡ Advertisement