Steel braided hose

Hamburger

me stock hose comin to 6 yrs liao.need to chge.so might as well chge to steel braided type. flowerface.gif

6 yrs is no issue. the rubber hose is fully reinforced to take very high pressure. what did u last bleed the brake fluid?

if u hv not done it before, i suggest a 2 years schedule. and look into your gearbox oil + radiator coolant as well. they may not b related but keeping them in optimal condition and regular maintenance is recommended.

↡ Advertisement

read from one web side tat actually state tat e inner & outer lining of normal hose starts to deterioate aft 6 yrs. Or mayb is e backside itchy [laugh]

well, unless the mechanical stress is high or the acidic content of the fluid is damaging, i would guess not, becos i've gone thru 2 scrap cars

neber hv to bother abt replacing them. becos these r top issues for automotive makers and they dun skimp on quality as far as hoses r concerned.

i know that when a truck plow into the MRT staton in japan and killed some1, the Fuso-Mitsubishi directors were hauled up and the fault was not a hose but the defective brake assy, although the hose was found to hv sheared during impact.

ask the mech to do visual inspection of hose.

for stock hose, if 10 yrs and still ok, can use.. but i think someone posted tt his hose was damaged.. i believe this can happen anytime due to road debris, and not wear and tear..

unless u intend to go tracking and need the responsiveness, steel hoses are really overkill.. [;)]

oh no,u guys r starting to sway my decision to change.Time for incisive action.Let the brain instead of heart to rule [laugh]

↡ Advertisement