Daihatsu Copen Ultimate Edition

Finclk

Anyone considering this car? Think it looks much better than the standard copen, more importantly it's the accessories which come with it.

Have a look at http://www.daihatsu.co.jp/showroom/lineup/...ation/index.htm

This is the list of upgrades:

- BBS 15 inch sports rims with lower profile tyres

- Black Chrome plated grille

- Clear crystal rear combi lamps

- Clear lens lamps

- Shiny black panels (looks much better than present plasticky looking one)

- White Meters

- Bilstein shock absorbers (a major upgrade needed. Heard that the normal version has a very rough ride especially when going fast)

- RECARO Alcantara seats

- MOMO Steering wheel

And it comes in a new shiny purple color. :)

Think Apricars is advertising this model every sat. Anyone knows the price?

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement

i not driving any car yet other than my dad's harrier. That's the family car. Considering the copen as a 2nd car for the family. More for fun for dad, siblings n me.

But it's really cute and it's just meant to be a fun car. At least it has a lil boot. Was also considering the MRS or MX5 as a second family car. But i think no need so much power. And it's much cheaper also. One important thing will need to know if i can fit comfortably in this car or not. haha. Lucky i'm medium sized, so should be ok.

I dun need a power car.. just need a fun car for weekend :)

Neutral Newbie

nice car! But too ex for many unless true rich n enthusiast will buy. Advertise so many weeks already, waiting for a buyer. New copen next year, better clear stock soon.

Neutral Newbie

Yup, likely new Copen will be coming out later part of next yr or so. But... dun think many people will like it. Cos it uses CVT gearbox [shakehead]

I prefer the current manual or auto version than one that uses a CVT gearbox. Those whom have driven before a CVT gearbox equipped car would know what I meant. For such a small car, CVT gearbox will make it laggy. Unless you driving bigger cc cars, then CVT should not be a problem.

I'm considering getting one of this toy car too. Maybe as a Christmas gift [flowerface]

I was reading your earlier posts about considering the Copen, change from MRS. haha, you considering for so long ah? I was also looking at MR-S. But MR-S, got rumors and pictures of a concept version in testing liao. Doubt the MR-S will face the axe so soon.

If Copen gonna come out new model next yr, might as well wait till then. Will definitely be more financially comfortable to afford the car if i get it then. I saw a copen concept car on some webpages previously. Think that might be the model which would become the copen eventually.

:)

I happen to see a white copen with porsche lookalike bodykit. Even have porsche lookalike front signal and fog light. Has a rear spoiler too.

Whole car looks like a mini porsche. Sebei cute. [laugh]

Saw it near Paya Lebar at that time.

Neutral Newbie

Haaa... wa, you spying on me ah? Heeee... Yeah, Copen was once my dream car back I was in the Army during BMT. Then... somehow... dunno how... went to get a MR-S instead. Haaa... sometimes, life is quite unpredictable.

The MR-S has already been discontinued early last yr from the states and Dec last yr was the end of production in Japan. Recently, they launch the final edition of the MR-S, then after that, close factory liaoz. But parts should be easily available as it uses the same engine as the 1800cc Rav4, Wish and Toyota Altis. Quite easy to maintain as the FC is quite gd for a sports car. But... heee... the insurance is the fun part [sly] I got the MR-S when I was in my early twenties. So you can imagine my insurance cost [shakehead]

Yeah, saw the new model in the pictures. But as stated earlier, it uses a CVT gearbox ley. Damm laggy one. I know cos I driven before cars with CVT gearboxes. Moreover, I quite like the current design which I find it quite classic in silver. The new one even when launched, won't be cheap I suppose. I like manual cars, so only the current model offers that and matching it with a turbo.

The other car I'm eyeing on is the SSS. Quite a fast car.

Edited by Tzehou

I think SSS not really that fast, maybe fast for someone who drive a 1.3NA/1.6NA change to SSS but if drive a 1.3T/C change to SSS, quite slow.

wah pls leh.. dun say until like that.. haha. i was reading earlier posts mah!

Maybe will take a trip down to automobile megamart soon to check out the new copen ultimate edition and see how much they considering to sell it for.

Side track abit, MR-S may not be totally scrapped for good. There have been reports of a new roadster in testing. The pictures look similar to the previous MRS. I dun believe Toyota will be caught without a roadster. All jap brands have 1 roadster at least. And the MR-S has been having such great success, doubt they'll just scrap it. Maybe it might start as a different name. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gl/gallery/spy+shot/982/

Neutral Newbie

SSS I think quite fast with 0 to 100km in 8.9 secs. Not bad for a 1.6 NA car. Of cos with a turbo or supercharger, then its not comparing apple to apple. 1.4TC or SC cars that I think quite fast includes the new BravoT and the VW GT.

But then again, straight speed power is not fun without good handling too. Topgear & fifth gear also gave quite good ratings to the SSS for it's handling performance.

Just my views... [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

Hmm... I see [sly]

Haaa... anyway, heard fm my PI friend that the Ultimate Copen II is going for around $80k if I'm not wrong. Abt $10k more than the normal version [jawdrop]

↡ Advertisement