New Kia Picanto

Ken_au

Although we can't say for certain, current car price is here to stay and will only go up in a foreseeable future so if potential buyer feel car price is expensive now, they need to think twice about car ownership.

Agreed that C&C might find it difficult to position Picanto in their line up and yet make a reasonable profile hence its might be difficult to see it in our shore again

Kia is focus in selling their k3, and car price is expensive now, C&C maybe think no one would be willing to pay for a picanto.

Kia is going upmarket... they won't bring in a barebones model.

They did, by bringing in the K3 Lite version.

No leather seats,

No sports rims,

Rear drums brakes

No cruise control and audio control on steering wheel

No LED lights on front and rear lamps

No for lamps

Downsized 15" steel rims

Sound logical but Mitsubishi Attrage is doing quite good as well?

C&C should try bringing in a few Picanto cars and test the market. I reckon Picanto will attract car buyers who preferred to have a better mileage car.

The Mitsubishi Space Star should serve the needs of those keen in the Picanto

Edited by Vinceng

They did, by bringing in the K3 Lite version.

No leather seats,

No sports rims,

Rear drums brakes

No cruise control and audio control on steering wheel

No LED lights on front and rear lamps

No for lamps

Downsized 15" steel rims

The Mitsubishi Space Star should serve the needs of those keen in the Picanto

Wow! Really didn't expect that... it's probably a Cycle & Carriage perspective... to move cars and build market share...

Anyone still drives a Picanto here and keen to start a group?  [laugh]

I guess most picanto already scrapped liao. Unless you have renewed your picanto coe?!

I guess most picanto already scrapped liao. Unless you have renewed your picanto coe?!

Yeah I just renewed for 5 years haha

I still have a AT 2008 reg Picanto :)

Planning to renew or scrap? Edited by CleonOng

Yeah I just renewed for 5 years haha

Planning to renew or scrap?

Renewed for 5 years bit of regret did not renew 10 years.

Overall reliable car, nothing much apart from scheduled maintenance.

So far only HU, oil seal and rear door auto lock broke down.

Renewed for 5 years bit of regret did not renew 10 years.

Overall reliable car, nothing much apart from scheduled maintenance.

So far only HU, oil seal and rear door auto lock broke down.

Yeah I must say that it’s quite easy to maintain.

We have a small SG Picanto group with about 4-5 members as of now. Do you want to join our group chat? Mainly for TCSS, sharing car stuff and meetups in the future.

Yeah I must say that itâs quite easy to maintain.

We have a small SG Picanto group with about 4-5 members as of now. Do you want to join our group chat? Mainly for TCSS, sharing car stuff and meetups in the future.

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand picanto. Is it worth it to buy the 10 year COE instead? First time buying car so I was initially thinking of 5 year coe. Haha

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand picanto. Is it worth it to buy the 10 year COE instead? First time buying car so I was initially thinking of 5 year coe. Haha

Actually a lot of factors to consider. But most importantly must see whether the car can last for however long you intend to drive it for. Impossible to get a spot-on prediction but a good mechanic can roughly tell.

I guess some of the pros of renewing 10 years are things such as higher resale value, choice of further renewal after 10 years, etc. But if you intend to just buy a cheap car for short term drive (5 years or less) then the 5 years COE may be a good choice.

On a side note, do let me know if you are interested to know more about the car :) Can drop me a PM or I can give you my number for whatsapp

Hello,

Since it's your first car and from what you ask, finance is an issue, then buy what fits your pocket... the difference between 5 & 10 years COE renewal is the amortization of the PARF... say the PARF is $3000, so you're looking at spreading that out over either 5 years or 10 years... this will have some impact on your monthly installment cos it's worked into the price of the car.

So your COE car price would be:

1) COE price

2) PARF

3) Dealer margin

4) Road tax, transfer fees, etc

The total will roughly represent the cost of the car... then you see what's the monthly installment... if not much difference between 5 & 10 years, my suggestions is go for 10 years, more flexible, cos got resale value...