Redline or AMSoil ATF

Chucky2007

Hi, anyone using Redline or AMSoil ATF? can comment on them? Redline cost $20/per Quart, AMSoil $16/Quart but Redline seems to give better protection on technical chart. I need 7 litres, which means $140! currently i am using the Hyundai brand ATF that cost $50 for 8 litres only. if Redline is really much better, i dun mind paying almost 2x higher. but if slightly better only, no point.

Please advise, thanks!

↡ Advertisement

It's very subjective which atf is more value than the other but in terms of protection and preformance, definably RL being ester base can and will protect better then Amsoil.

You just need to weight the cost vs protection, the cost threshold factor.... very subjective if you ask me.

how do u drive? got go tracking or not?

i track very infrequently, don't feel the need for RL engine oil at all.

using RL MTF, but it's one-off change to last 100k kms.. so the extra cost works out to not much.

for ATF, unless heavy duty application or u intend to stretch the changing interval, just use normal stuff and change at recommended interval lor..

oh ya. if u intend to keep ur ride for very long then maybe it might be worth spending extra on fluids also [:)]

thanks trex. i have actually gotten the RL D4 liao over the weekend with Nicholas. 7litres.. [sweatdrop] my existing is SP3, compatible with D4? not compatible then i have to go back to u to change liao [sweatdrop]

i dun intend to change for the next 45000km liao until 150000km servicing where i'm gonna replace the AT filter. i am using Hyundai SP3 (but damn cheap at $25/4litre), last change was done 23000km ago, but gearbox not smooth liao.. got sound and i can significantly feel the gearchange and at times seems to have some slippage. For relatively new ATF at 23k, i do feel the quality is a little short.. but at $25/4L, i can't complain much

i dun track.. even if i want, my car can't [;)] CMI..

ya i wanna keep my car as long as it can goes. its my 1st car and i have "feeling" with it.. so as long as it can last.

this "feeling" stuff for cars run in my family. my dad has a 26year old Chevy trooper that's still running around.

i use to think he is crazy to keep that old car.. after i had my car.. i understand why.. 1st car, 1st love. difficult to let go.. rather get a 2nd car instead of trading in this one.

icic..

hope u manage to do it then

i had some "feeling" for my kangoo. but after it began giving me problems, no more feeling liao [laugh]

for typical (non abusive) owner who changes car every few yrs, i see no point in using expensive stuff. but in ur case i think it's justified indeed [nod]

something horrible has happened..

i have just changed my car's ATF to Redline D4 2500km ago.. yesterday i went back to workshop to do fix steel braided hose for my brakes, then my mechanic top up 1 litre of ATF with another brand (its a SP3 grade)!!!! ARRRHHH.. i didn't know that until i see the bill! its not expensive but my car was serviced by another guy, the previous guy doing my ATF change was not working on my car!

So question is: will the mixture of different ATF brand be harful to my autogearbox? can i just leave it alone or must drain out and reload with new ATF again??

i just bought 7bottle of Redline D4 from you last month, and used up 6 bottle for this change, and now my mechanic has caused imperfection!! ARRRRRR [furious][furious]

ATF like engine oil can be mixed, no adverse problem will occur but like what you say, it only cause imperfection only.... He should have consulted you before doing any repair or top-up. [rifle]

(edited)
ATF like engine oil can be mixed, no adverse problem will occur but like what you say, it only cause imperfection only.... He should have consulted you before doing any repair or top-up. Rifle

thanks.. u have answered my call.. imperfection has been caused! but i will still patronise them bec they are responsible mechanic, i dun blame them. infact i went there to change my rubber brake hose to steel braided, but they check other things for me as well.. they dun take things for granted like some bigger workshops.

Edited by Chucky2007