Have you dialed 999 before?

Albeniz

Twincharged

I called 999 once when I was in primary school. Saw someone jump down from the building just opposite where I was staying. I called immediately when I saw the person flying down, but I think alot of people faster than me and call aleady cuz when i told them the address and what happened, they told me they know about the incident and already sent their men there.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement

Called either 995 or 999 when I was around 7, with my siblings and cousins. Will call and just talk some nonsense and hanged up the phone. Did it a couple of time before they call back and give warning to my mother. After that, tio pak.

Si gina.

:D

I called 999 few years ago for child abuse.

Heard neighbor child cry like mad - kena whack by father.

the mata very ON, came within a few minutes

hmmm,

if the folks living in JB are polled this question of calling 999, what would be the %?

Zero. They call Sembilan-sembilan-sembilan. Nice try. ^ _ ^

Zero. They call Sembilan-sembilan-sembilan. Nice try. ^ _ ^

hehe, they got APA app,

got this pic from the Johor Polis FB, wow, seldom see such senior folks in SPF!

1382125_566231740174688_8981100445171896

• Praise 1

hehe, they got APA app,

got this pic from the Johor Polis FB, wow, seldom see such senior folks in SPF!

1382125_566231740174688_8981100445171896

So much undertable thingy, who wants to retire ..... [grin]

Only to be told the same accident already reported a little earlier by another caller.

To beat 'the other guy', you need to create a shortcut on your hp to make the quickest call!! [grin][:p]

Don't know whether lucky or unlucky... I have never dial 999 or 995 ...

But, if in emergency like injuries or accidents, I hope I won't fumble and be in clear mind to dial and speak clearly to the OIC

THe only emergency calls i ever made is the road service of AAS.... my car broke down!

Those HDB gate is easy to enter, if you have patience. Just wait for a resident to enter, then you follow in..... I went in like that before to the Punggol orange blocks !!

Lucky you didnt enter female hostel this way!! [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I dialed 999 becos my new neighbor hse alarm frequently activated, would continue 20mins with 5mins respite & repeat again, for while day! Also happened at night too.

I dialed the police thinking that something had happened to the neighbor.

The police came to check but found nothing amiss.

It was only after a period of time that I observed the neighbor was at home most time when alarm triggered. Pretended concern, asked neighbour if things are ok. Guess his reply.........

"Oh, I was just testing to see if other neighbors are alert". And also "This way, who ever had plans to rob my place will know that my alarm works".

This time I complained to police about the nuisance when the alarm got activated again 2-3am!

I noticed that he never respond or open his door when police came to his gate.

I think police also tired of pple complaining abt this hse owner!

Supercharged

I dialed 999 becos my new neighbor hse alarm frequently activated, would continue 20mins with 5mins respite & repeat again, for while day! Also happened at night too.

I dialed the police thinking that something had happened to the neighbor.

The police came to check but found nothing amiss.

It was only after a period of time that I observed the neighbor was at home most time when alarm triggered. Pretended concern, asked neighbour if things are ok. Guess his reply.........

"Oh, I was just testing to see if other neighbors are alert". And also "This way, who ever had plans to rob my place will know that my alarm works".

This time I complained to police about the nuisance when the alarm got activated again 2-3am!

I noticed that he never respond or open his door when police came to his gate.

I think police also tired of pple complaining abt this hse owner!

your neighbour can get charged for causing public disturbances and nuisance........

I have called 999 three times in my life so far......

First time, call to report someone loitering around in HDB corrider at midnight. He turned out to be a freaking drug addict. He was finding a spot to take his drugs. it took 4 policemen to pin him down and handcuff. And he's very small size

Second time, call to report a gang fight on the streets, while i was jogging at about 7-8pm.

Third time, call to report someone standing at my door at 2-3am. Didn't dare to open the door to ask him what he want. I just call police right away. Police came, found him at other floors, later told me he probably drunk and lost his way. KNN

So far in my 3 times experience, SPF responded surprisingly very fast. Average time took them 10mins to come.

The one thing i must feedback to SPF is that how come they have to ask for my phone number? Their system should be able to have some caller ID and my number should be showing there!!!

In a real emergency, the caller may not have time or any breath left to tell his phone number and the operator won't have time to key into the system!

Twice.

First one, my mischievous son ( 2 - 3 yrs old back then ) dialed 999 numerous time until I received a warning letter from them. [shocked]

Called them up and explained the situations and promised that it will never happened again.

Second one, loanshark harassment called in middle of the night (of coz I never borrowed from them), call 999 at 3am and they advice me to go down to police station to file a report. :blink:

Many times before when I was an emergency nurse cos the police post was transferred out of the a&e and we had to report coroner cases.

One incident I remembered when my bro NEARLY called 999.

We were young and only the both of us we at home. Both of us in primary school. My mum was at the market, dad working.

Suddenly a man, identifying himself as our cousin came to the door and asked us to open it so that he could pass some cakes to my mum. He knows my mum's name but I did not recognise him.

I refused to open and argued with him until I told my brother to call 999. Finally, at that point, he left, leaving the cake at the door.

My mum came back about fifteen mminutes layer. She met him downstairs and he told her the story. She told us he commented that we were very smart not to open the door to strangers.

Turned out he was a distant cousin who emigrated before we were born so we never saw him before. He returned only for a visit and was giving the cake as a present for the family.

(edited)

The one thing i must feedback to SPF is that how come they have to ask for my phone number? Their system should be able to have some caller ID and my number should be showing there!!!

In a real emergency, the caller may not have time or any breath left to tell his phone number and the operator won't have time to key into the system!

They just want to make sure that the caller doesn't make the report from a stolen phone, the same reason why custom officer ask the driver for the car plate number when he can see it himself.

Many times before when I was an emergency nurse cos the police post was transferred out of the a&e and we had to report coroner cases.

One incident I remembered when my bro NEARLY called 999.

We were young and only the both of us we at home. Both of us in primary school. My mum was at the market, dad working.

Suddenly a man, identifying himself as our cousin came to the door and asked us to open it so that he could pass some cakes to my mum. He knows my mum's name but I did not recognise him.

I refused to open and argued with him until I told my brother to call 999. Finally, at that point, he left, leaving the cake at the door.

My mum came back about fifteen mminutes layer. She met him downstairs and he told her the story. She told us he commented that we were very smart not to open the door to strangers.

Turned out he was a distant cousin who emigrated before we were born so we never saw him before. He returned only for a visit and was giving the cake as a present for the family.

Better to err on the safer side. Smart kids indeed.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

Called 999 before:-

Self-Accident at Old Upper Thomson Road. Car's totalled.

Tow Truck came before the police and Tow Truck advice me call back to police say no issues with the accident already for me to claim my insurance.

Tow Truck 1 : Police 0.

Another time I witness an traffic accident.

I drove my car onto the "island" because of heavy congestion road.

TP & ambulance came in mins then Tow Truck later.

Tow Truck 1 : Police 1.

Call non-emergency police line before to report against fire in the oildrum.

They sent 2 police cars, 2 bikes, 1 rino, 2 fire engine.

Call airport maintance team about buring smell in my office.

They also sent 1 big fire truck.