CLK320 vs T4 Century Sprint

Arkaneslayer

Turbocharged

hehehe... hope to see you at breakfast later this morning.. smile.gifthumbsup.gif ....1st guy at the breakfast table after me gets a cup of free kopi from me laugh.giftongue.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Then again there are T4s with 5-speed auto boxes. My reference was a Motoring article which quoted a 4 speeder. Is yours 4 or 5 speed?

mine's the 5-speed autotranny. maybe i should ask her to give me a ride ... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][inlove]

Neutral Newbie
First off, the kerb weight of the CLK320 is 1605kg and 7.4secs is probably a little optimistic. Most of the timings I've seen on the web are closer to 7.9s. The CLK also has a 5-speed transmission vs the T4's 4-speed so it probably has lower ratios which helps in the century sprint. And lastly, the CLK does have a much bigger engine than the T4.. like they say "there's no replacement for displacement" [sly]

i went along to take a look at the UK Merc site - guess what!? they list the century sprint to be 8.3secs. and the listed kerb weight is 1695kg. what discrepancies between the local site and the UK site. some sly marketing on the local end? [sly][sly][sly]

Neutral Newbie

I thot she still bankrupt...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if im not wrong, her bf drives a lambo.. maybe that explains y.. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Manufacturer's figures should sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt.

So what's the realworld figure for your ride? [sly]

There's also a manual T4 (5 speed only) that lowers the stock 0-100 timing to 7.3sthumbsup.gif

Pity, Mercedes cars only come in Auto. thumbsdown.gif

Did you know, German manufaturers actually do publish modest 0-100 (and top speed) figures.

Unlike some other manufacturers.

In fact, their speedometers tend to reflect the actual speed more accurately as well, where some other manufacturers show a 3-5% "faster" speed.

cheers

Neutral Newbie

Yup I saw that one too... that timing is very far off the specs!

Yes I agree German manufacturers quote modest performance figures and I do not doubt the ability of the CLK320. However, when comparing such figures it's difficult to know how the actual test was conducted unless they specify them (ambient temperature, air pressure etc). The specification section for the review states the transmission is manual but the review says its auto.. [confused] And at 10.05s for the century sprint they say it's "one of the quickest cars this magazine has ever tested " [dizzy]

(edited)

In India, they don't really drive the cars that fast.

When I was in Chennai, the fastest car I saw was a Celica GT4, and that was parked outside a disco.

Even their locally made Ford Laser (called something else there) doesn't go much faster than 150.... then again, the roads there aren't exactly made for speeding. The fastest we went (in that same Ford Laser) was about 100-110, and the roads were so bumpy.... it was not as scary as much as it was bone-jarring.

Edited by Presea

Neutral Newbie
Manufacturer's figures should sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt.

So what's the realworld figure for your ride? [sly]

dunno leh - hvn't yet to try. will post when i do.

Neutral Newbie
"there's no replacement for displacement"

I LOVE that line .... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

you mean a comparison like this ??? -----

(.)(.) vs (.)(.)

bounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce2.gifbounce2.gif

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

You sure know what the HITMAN loves to adore [laugh][laugh]