HDB Valuation

UncleWolve

Wondering if anyone know that those valuation dudes will scrutinize every single thing...eg ... plugs ... small scratches etc or they anyhow look see oni?

↡ Advertisement

No, they would look around generally, particularly the the kind of reno you have and whether the house is well kept. Of course the higher floor your unit is, the higher value it will fetch.

no need lah...this is no area cleaning inspection mah...by the way, u can engage multiple valuers than take the one with the highest valuation. There are people who has as many as 5 valuations done! That's 5 x $170!

Some agents do foot the bill, most do not...Nevertheless, U need to compare your valuation with those units in your area...if yours is too low, then u can decide whether to redo regardless. [:)] What % you pay to him? Be very wary, they are good in playing mind games, luring sellers and buyers into traps in order to close deal. Difference of thousands mean a lot to consumers, to them it's only few hundred dollars difference nia/

HDB valuation is very straight forward.

They will take the mean figure of the recent transacted units at your area and plus minus a bit here and there based on your unit's condition and compute the figure.

I tot you are drawing quite a high pay package. how come still HDB? [sly]

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...2134463#2134463

BTW I'm can be a chartered valuer in case you doubt my competency [:p]

No prob bro.

FYI: I just sold my flat. Personally, I would advise to have at least 2 agents market and not rush into selling your unit. Always let the other agent try to match/better the offer.

In my case, yup, both were from different company.

Although, I don't really know if you will be disadvantaged if you were to approach agents from the same company. Afterall, the agents earn the commission, so it's still pretty much a case of who closes the deal, and not which company closes the deal, that matters to them

chey first house..... now cannot buy flat aldy..moving into condo so trying to get rid lor [rolleyes]

To have a proper gauge, check out the comparable transacted price.. your agent would be able to do that for you.

and in today's seller market, valuation doesn't count much as you can ask for plenty of cash above valuation. so that plus minus few Ks will not make a dent..

so what is the standard deviation...big or small ? +/-20%?

wouldn't go that much.. say betwn you and next door neighbour should you both have the same valuation done. the different would be on the fittings you have done.

If you don't mind, can reveal the location of the place?

I see that you are also looking for agent. There's pro and con to having sole agent or multiple.. one is that they are more motivated to sell only your unit but they could also turn away potential cobroking.

having multiple means you have better outreach but you lose that personal touch.

I don't think you need an recommendation of agent but if you want, I can recommend you a few.

Good luck in your sale and don't hold for too long. Check out the season of the year as you let your flat out in the market. It helps to earn or deduct a few Ks [sly]

↡ Advertisement