National Service Liability

Contax

Over the weekends , I recieved this letter from MINDEF which read:

"With effect from 04NOV07 , you are no longer liable for National Service pursuant to Section 2 of the Enlistment Act , Cap93.From that date , you will no longer be required to apply for an Exit Permit nor to inform MINDEF Notification Centre (MNC) when you travel overseas.

.....blah.....

We thank you for your contribution and hope that you will continue to give your fullest support to Singapore Total Defence .We Wish you every success in your future endeavours."

Well , this is it I'm officially 'discharge'from the SAF .

However , I'm going to miss all those 'brotherhood' that I have accumulated and encountered during all those active and reservists years.

To all those who I have met from :

1)DEC 1987 SBMT NeeSoon Camp Bravo company

2)APR 1988 OETI Gunfitter course

3)1988-1989 Mount Vernon camp OSB 5 SUB , GSMB small arms and Amoy Quee camp GSMB heavy arms.

4)During my reservists year from 1990-2007 at GSMB and later 9DSMB Weapons/Ordnance maintenance company ; it has been a honour and very privilege to have work together with you guys !!!

[sunny]

↡ Advertisement

simi present?Beside the 'long service' award and a victorinox watches which I recieved some 5~8 yes ago , nothing !!

I call the MINDEF e-service centre and all they told me was to 'dispose' off all my personal eqpt at my discretion as I do not need them anymore....

Guess maybe I will sell it at ebay...hahaha [laugh]

simi present?Beside the 'long service' award and a victorinox watches which I recieved some 5~8 yes ago , nothing !!

I call the MINDEF e-service centre and all they told me was to 'dispose' off all my personal eqpt at my discretion as I do not need them anymore....

Guess maybe I will sell it at ebay...hahaha [laugh]

The very day I got my letter, my helmut, SBO, full pack, uniforms, boots etc - everything went straight down the rubbish chute.

I give you the number and you call and ask - 1800-3676767.

I'm as surprise as you...maybe I will pass it on to my son in another 10yrs time [laugh]