Brake Kit at Stamford?

Ram_ram

What does your brake do bro? Braking lah! [laugh]

A big brake kit because of bigger caliper and rotor plus better brake pads improve the braking capability of your car, therefore improve safety.

I recall watching a program on MTV about cars and they demonstrated the difference between a Camry stock brake kit vs VTTR 6 pot brake kit. They drive to 100km/h and apply E-Brake. The stopping distance difference between the stock brake kit vs the 6 pot is around 15-20m.

Not only that, for my upgrade, I upgraded from the stock 262mm rotor to a forge 330mm caliper. Even the 330mm rotor is much bigger, they are lighter and the calipers are also much lighter compare to stock. Therefore you feel slightly better acceleration compared to stock. Its the same as having lighter rims.

Anyway this brake kit already save me twice liao from near accident as I find the current Civic brake not jiak! [thumbsdown]

I mod car for safety, not for speed. So BBK is a good investment as it give you the assurance when braking! However, do note that BBK require bigger rims to clear due to much bigger caliper. So do check whether your current car plus rim can fit or not.

Oh...I was hesitating since I read so much and heard so many that project mu pads tend to eat into stock rotors.....

Edited by Blacklancer224

And as far as I know, its not too expensive. I think for Civic is around 140. Not sure about other make though. Call them to check. Because I also dunno much info.

big brake kits are unnecessary for road cars. they throw off your brake bias/balance, which will cause safety hazard - both to yourself and other road users.

UNLESS you get a system that's designed specifically for your system. (eg TRD, Type R, M, AMG, etc)

for most applications, uprated brake pads are more than sufficient. [thumbsup] if you need a 6-pot caliper to "save your ass" often, please stop driving right now. u are a certified road hazard [laugh]

Edited by Kyojin

Depends on individual driving habits.

I came across a friend who is driving on stock bads, rotors and tires.....Cheonging around Singapore roads and even frequent NSH on terrible speed....He done that for so many years....Never heard him upgrade brakes or tires....He and all his cars over the years still in one piece.