Looking for SU carburettor with manifold..

So_nice

Neutral Newbie

i remember a spare parts shop on bendeemer road used to carry webers & SUs but can't remember the name........POLY Motor? Unity Motor?

maybe you can try talking to this workshop to get a lead....http://www.davidworksgarage.com/

[;)]

try Seng Tat. Or wait for pple to dekit. U never know what you can find! [sly]

why do you need a manifold also? The SU should bolt onto ur current intake manifold

hmm i was told by the guru that the SU carb requires a different manifold..and i think geine47 mentioned it as well..haha my right foot tells me it requires aliitle more pick up power.. [:p]

er... when you mentioned guru... were you refering to Genie? Cause he's THE guru! [laugh]

Anyway, yes you need to modify the intake manifold. You really want an SU carb?

sounds like bro emperor has kang tao to it. hehe i realised i'm loving my ep80 more ever since an visit to saber! wanna enjoy it more...hence.. [sly][sly]

whatever people or mechanics say, DO NOT slot ur discs. sniff around on forums online.

yes, it is true that slots and cross-drills look cool and help in dissipating heat, but only effective in extreme racing conditions. u are not gonna get any performance gains. not on road conditions anyway.

if you are talking about GT brake kit, there is only 1mm of rotor wear allowed before the brake pad will rattle around (and maybe drop out). further more, u compromise on the structural integrity of the rotors when u modify them.

GT brake kit + upgrade brake pump + sports brake pads are good enough.

throw in steel braided hoses and brake pump brace for better feel/response.

brakes are not something u wanna fark around with. it's the only thing that stops u safely (of course there are people who talk about curb braking and tree braking! [laugh] )

just my 2 cents.

Neutral Newbie

our car ep80 for frontwheel drive their brake force abt 80% using front brake due to the

position of d engine another 20% is from rear brake. so if want to have better brake

upgrade the front brake to gt calipers, brake disc and brake pump if yr pocket big

enough then do it all front and rear, there's someone selling the new slotted disc rotor

maybe get those aftermarket want would be better [sly]

it's best to do the whole GT brake conversion at one go.

just changing the front to larger brakes alone, without doing anything to the rear, is asking for trouble. not to mention it'll cost more when u decide to convert the rear drums.

changing SU carb or Weber carb is not gonna produce that much horsepower to require drastic brake changes.

on the other hand, 4E-FTE is a different story. [sly]