Fatal accident, innocent 25yr old killed..

Madsumm

Hi all,

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...1213-41019.html

I'm very very sadden by what has happen as I know this gal. She is my colleague and we've worked together for more then 3 yrs. I juz spoken to her last week in fact.

All of a sudden, during my business trip to China, I've received a shocking news yesterday noon. She has died!

I would very much like to know who the hell this driver is. I've received info that its drink driving. 2 passengers, 1 died at 9am yesterday, after 9 hrs fighting in hospital, and the other passenger in critical condition in ICU, and the driver is in general ward with few bruises and cuts...

1 person died. I'm shocked, very shocked and sadden. How can this happen to a woman who I know is strong, talented and extremely hardworking.

To whoever this driver is, I heard of what happen that fateful night. I wish you will forever remember this, that, she is forever your ex-gf, and you have single handedly killed her. Leaving her grief stricken family of 2 young brothers and mum.

But no worries, we will take care of the family as much as possible. It has brought all my colleagues together to help the family. Today, the brothers went to pick up the body.

Don't let me see you Mr driver killer, because, no one, no one will forgive what you did.

My most heartfelt condolences and sympathies to the family. God bless. We are all by your side and we feel the pain that the family feel as well.

I've just flew back to SG. I'm leaving to the wake soon.
Rgds

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I would just let the decrease go in peace and leave the driver alone. I'm sure the driver will be the hardest hit and grief more than anyone else (to lose his GF and responsible for it). The one who passed on was his GF and who in their right mind would want to kill their loved ones? It was an accident and those who drank with him could have stopped him from driving. They didn't do that probably b'cos they, like the driver, thought everything would be fine.

Edited by Silver_blade

I've emphasized again and again, drink driving fines and punishments are too lax in Singapore...my simple approach is to fine the passengers which I've highlighted previously ...and the effects can be felt in Japan

Strict law sobers up Japan?s drunk drivers

Fri, Nov 09, 2007

Reuters

TOKYO, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Drunk driving accidents in Japan almost halved compared to last year after a draconian new law was introduced in September in response to a series of fatal car crashes, showing that tighter rules can sober up drivers.

Under the revised law, drunk drivers can be jailed for up to five years or be fined up to 1 million yen ($8,900). The law punishes passengers who ride with a drunk and people who serve alcohol or lend a car to someone who may then drive under the influence.

A police report showed that after the law took effect, drunk driving accidents declined 41 percent year-on-year to 350 in a one-month period. The police also cracked down on 46 passengers of drunks and eight people who served alcohol to drivers.

But the message has yet to reach some drivers. In Nagano prefecture, central Japan, the number of drunk driving accidents during the same period doubled from the previous year, and five of the 14 drunk drivers were unaware of the new law, the Shinano Mainichi Shimbun daily said.

Japan has generally become more aware of the dangers of drunk driving due to a string of fatal accidents, including one last year in which three children were killed. The restaurant industry is also adapting to changing attitudes by handing out coupons to customers for cabs and chauffeur services.

Then how about those who drank with him and didn't stopped him from driving and even took a ride? 100% free from any blame?

I feel be objective and not be clouded by emotion. Unlike most drink driving, the life lost/seriously injured in this case was/is friends of the driver. They could have told him not to drink or stopped him. At least one of them would have some serious influence on him.

Maybe everyone was a bit tipsy to know better. But I feel everyone who drink with the driver and know that he drives, whether or not they were his passengers, should bear some responsibility. It's easy to just push 100% of the blame to the driver and free everyone else, especially the decease...from any blame.

Hope everyone involved in this accident and their family find peace..and let this be an reminder to every drivers here no to drink and drive. Especially during this festive season x'mas to CNY.

Edited by Silver_blade

Possibly....maybe the driver was also too drunk to know. That's why I feel everyone drinking with the driver may have to bear some blame.

Edited by Silver_blade